There are many different toaster ovens out there, and they each claim to be the best and most reliable. There are toasters of different sizes, and some of them use different technologies. One of the more common types of best convection toaster oven nowadays is the one that uses convection technology.
What Is a Convection Toaster Oven?
The traditional oven works by having heating elements on both the top and the bottom of the oven. In a convection oven, a fan is added so that the hot air continuously circulates inside the oven while the food is being heated. The convection toaster oven is typically smaller than the traditional oven.
Convection Toaster vs. Traditional Toaster Oven
With the main difference being the presence of the fan in the convection toaster, food is often cooked much quicker as opposed to the traditional toaster. Since the hot air circulates inside the convection toaster oven, this also helps ensure that the food is cooked more evenly. In some cases, traditional ovens leave one side overcooked while the other is undercooked. The convection toaster also cooks at a lower temperature than traditional ovens, since the air that circulates inside helps with the cooking, so there is no need for extremely high temperature.
This product reviews guide will now take a look at the 10 best convection toaster ovens:
Top 10 Best Convection Toaster Oven Review
10. BLACK+DECKER CTO6335S 6-Slice Digital Convection Countertop Toaster Oven
This Black and Decker convection toaster oven features digital controls and screen, with a digital timer for accurately timed heating. A 12-inch pizza and six slices of bread can easily fit inside, while the dual-position rack can give users an option if there are larger types of food to heat. It also features 8 one-touch functions such as bake, broil, pizza, toast, etc. There is also a removable crumb tray to help maintain cleanliness, particularly in the counter.
- Deep interior and dual-position rack allows larger types of food to be heated
- One-touch function buttons
- Non-stick interior and removable crumb tray makes it easy to clean
- Very affordable (best budget toaster oven)
- Button markings and letters fade away quickly
- Toasting bread can sometimes take a long time
- Buttons themselves get harder to push after some time
9. Cuisinart TOB-200 Rotisserie Convection Toaster Oven, Stainless Steel
Cuisinart has designed its convection toaster in such a way that it makes good use of modern technology. With this 0.75 cubic feet oven, the user can customize the number of bread toast slices to heat, so that the time will be maximized. The pizza size can also be programmed (up to 12 inches diameter). In terms of heating options, this Cuisinart convection toaster oven offers a rotisserie option, so you can cook a whole chicken or piece of meat evenly so that the result would be tender and moist. Also, there are 4 rack options that provide more flexible choices when heating food. Convection cooking allows for a more consistent heating and faster cooking time. Adjustable thermostat temperatures range from 200 to 450 degrees F for cooking and 500 degrees F for broiling.
- Rotisserie option is unique
- Leftovers function for reheating
- Defrost function for heating frozen foods
- Customized settings for toast and pizza
- The sheet pan is not non-stick, making it very difficult to clean
- Lack of an interior light makes it difficult to see the inner part
- You have to monitor the rotisserie constantly
8. Hamilton Beach Easy Reach Oven with Convection
Hamilton Beach calls this product of theirs “Easy Reach” because of the way they designed the door of the oven, making the food inside easy to reach. The door rolls up to the top rather than the usual way of folding downwards. The food is then easier to reach since the door is not in the way. This Hamilton Beach convection toaster oven is a bit on the small side, which can be an advantage or disadvantage, depending on the user. Six toast slices can fit, although they have to be arranged properly.
- Roll-up door is a space-saver and very functional, making food much easier to reach
- Small size means it is very portable and can easily fit in the counter
- Very affordable
- Large capacity isn’t quite enough to fit six pieces of toast or a 12-inch pizza
- The convection fan is a bit noisy
- No digital screen or dials; the oven comes with three knobs
7. Oster Extra Large Digital Countertop Oven, Stainless Steel, TSSTTVDGXL-SHP
The thing that stands out about this product is its capacity. This Oster convection toaster oven can hold not only one, but two 16-inch pizzas, 14 slices of toast, and a large whole chicken – making it the perfect convection toaster for families and large groups. Aside from that, there are two rack positions and two baking racks so that multiple food items can be cooked or heated at one time. This countertop convection oven is also equipped with a digital display and buttons for more precision. Perhaps its best feature is that Oster claims it uses 50% less energy than cooking or heating the same meal in a conventional oven, thereby saving electricity costs. It offers a 200 to 450 degrees Fahrenheit temperature range.
- Extra large capacity means more food can be accommodated inside
- Saves electricity
- 90-minute timer with auto shut-off
- Lack of interior light means having to use a flashlight to check the status of the food being cooked
- The door tends to slam down if it is not guided – this can lead to accidents or the door will eventually break
6. Cuisinart TOB-135N Deluxe Convection Toaster Oven Broiler, Stainless Steel
This Cuisinart Deluxe convection toaster oven broiler works as well as advertised – toasting, heating, preheating, baking, and broiling quickly. It has a good overall size and interior, as it can hold six slices of bread or a 12-inch pizza comfortably. There is a large blue backlit display that can easily be seen. There are nine different functions to choose from, among them toast, bagel, bake, reheat, and more. The non-stick interior is a good addition, as it means it is easy to clean and maintain.
- Easy to clean
- Spacious internal capacity
- Insulation on the sides ensure that it does not get too hot
- Digital buttons can rub off quickly
- Little space between bottom rack and door, making it difficult to get food without touching the hot door
- No interior light
5. Hamilton Beach 31104 Countertop Oven with Convection and Rotisserie
This versatile oven has a very large capacity since it can hold up to two 12-inch pizzas. You can also remove the racks and place in the rotisserie and roast your food such as chicken or duck. It can hold up to a 5 lb. chicken. There is also a 2-hour timer as well as bake, broil, and toast options. It comes with everything you need for baking, broiling and roasting such as a removable drip tray, rotisserie skewer and lifter, two oven racks, baking pan, and a broiling rack. This kitchen appliance is a bit bulky, although it can fit quite nicely on the countertop.
- Large capacity for more food to be heated at one time
- Rotisserie function
- Very practical
- Very affordable
- Temperature readings are not accurate
- No screens and buttons, only dials
- The glass front can get very hot, so one must exercise extreme caution especially right after cooking
4. Oster Large Capacity Countertop 6-Slice Digital Convection Toaster Oven
Oster makes toaster ovens with a large capacity, as this particular product of theirs can hold a 13” x 9” pan. The clear glass door and the presence of an interior light make it easy to monitor the food you are cooking or heating. The digital control panel offers precise time and heat adjustments plus several preset cooking functions. The buttons are very user-friendly that even kids can easily understand. There are two rack positions to choose from so that larger foods can be accommodated, and its large capacity allows you to heat several types of food at the same time. Includes a durable baking pan and a removable crumb tray.
- Large interior capacity
- Interior light for easy viewing and monitoring
- User-friendly buttons
- Can be easily cleaned
- The digital display is small
- The glass is of poor quality compared to its competitors
- Limited preset functions
3. Breville BOV800CRNXL Smart Oven 1800-Watt Convection Toaster Oven with Element IQ
This Breville toaster is equipped with 5 heating elements. This Breville smart oven comes with Element IQ technology, which means that the power of each heating element is adjusted so that the food is cooked evenly and quickly. It comes with 9 preset functions, has a backlit LCD screen, and can fit a 13-inch pizza. It is also a mix of digital and classic toaster look, with knobs to set the temperature and time. The backlit screen will be colored orange to display preheating and cooking, and turns into blue after, so you can easily see even from afar if the food is ready or not. Unlike a conventional oven or microwave, this Breville smart oven uses a fan in circulating hot air, so all sides of food cook evenly.
- Element IQ technology ensures even cooking
- 9 preset functions such as toast, defrost, reheat, etc.
- Slightly larger capacity than other toaster ovens
- Smart backlight screen and sounds for notifications
- Quality issues reported
- Knobs seem to be of poor quality
- Very expensive
2. Breville BOV450XL Mini Smart Oven with Element IQ
This Breville convection toaster oven is smaller than its predecessor, but it also comes with the Element IQ technology to make sure that the food is evenly cooked. This version has 4 heating elements instead of 5. It is much smaller, meaning it is very portable and you can easily put it almost anywhere. In spite of its small size, it can fit an 11-inch pizza and has three rack positions for you to choose from. There are also 8 preset functions. The backlight turns into an orange color during cooking, and light blue when it’s not. The interior is non-stick, which means cleaning is an easy task.
- Element IQ technology ensures even cooking
- 8 preset functions to choose from, just by turning a dial
- Backlight illuminates a different color during cooking
- Can be easily cleaned
- Very portable, but very powerful and gets the job done
- Unit tends to get very hot
- Quality and reliability problems
- Unit needs clearance space at the top since it tends to get hot
1. Breville BOV845BSS Smart Oven Pro Convection Toaster Oven with Element IQ
Much like the Breville convection toaster ovens before it, this one also comes with the Element IQ technology for even cooking. A major plus is that it comes with an interior light so that you can see the food while it is cooking or heating. The bulb itself is replaceable, so if it gets dim as time goes by, you can just purchase a 25W G9 bulb from the hardware store and install it easily. This Breville smart oven also comes with a Slow Cook function if you prefer to cook food longer, but at lower temperatures – up to 10 hours. The digital display is large enough that the items displayed can be easily read. The door was designed with utmost safety in mind – it does not rapidly fall or slam. One downside of this item is that it is costly, perhaps due to the many functions and great design quality. Overall, it is still an excellent alternative to a regular oven or microwave.
- Element IQ technology
- Replaceable interior light
- Slow Cook function adds more versatility
- The digital display is top-notch
- The convection fan is very quiet
- Very expensive
- Reliability issues
How to Choose the Best Convection Toaster Oven
Do you find it difficult to select your choice from among these products? Here are some general tips on how to select the best toaster oven for your needs, so that you will make a more informed decision.
Ask yourself – what do you need the convection toaster oven for? Are you going to use it for all your cooking needs, or only to reheat food? If you plan to use it as your main kitchen appliance for cooking, then the ones with multiple functions might be better for you; otherwise, you may be better off with limited features, as long as it is reliable and gets the job done.
If you need a large toaster and have the counter space to accommodate it, then that might be the better choice for you, since you can prepare many dishes all at once. If you live alone or there are only two of you that would use the oven, then practicality might be the best option – a smaller convection toaster oven that you can use for cooking and reheating. It will also require less maintenance than larger ones.
Since the convection ovens have a wide price range, select one that is most suited to your budget. It’s best to have an idea of how much to spend before actually looking at the products themselves. That way, it is easier to narrow down the selection.
Final Review of the Best Convection Toaster Oven
After reading our best convection toaster oven reviews and the things to consider when buying a toaster oven, you are now ready to make a buying decision. Any of the above convection toasters are good options, as long as you feel in your mind that the pros outweigh the cons, and would address your need for functionality, as well as fit your space and budget.