If you’ve ever been into embroidery, you’ll understand that it’s not, in fact, a very easy task.
You may also be familiar with people labeling it as a boring “old person” activity.
The same people might also think of it as a simple one-step procedure. Furthermore, they don’t realize that there are several different types, as well as many benefits.
Psychologically, embroidery can help the brain to improve its efficiency of following patterns and movements, which also enhances its ability to adopt creative solutions. In addition, it’s a great way to relieve everyday stress and anxiety.
Embroidery has even more than that to offer, making it a very fun and relaxing activity that suits both adults and teenagers alike.
Originally, embroidery was considered manual labor. Over time however, new machines have been introduced to help people who face physical problems (i.e. muscle aches from prolonged periods of embroidery) to enjoy the same benefits.
Embroidery machines also help people to reduce the time they spend on a single piece of work, making the process more efficient and economical if it’s their livelihood.
Although it normally takes an expert to tell the difference (which usually appears in the threads), the value of machine embroidery remains the same.
Every embroiderer may come to a certain point in their life where they consider converting to the machine. Even if they already own one, they might need to upgrade, perhaps because of weariness or to embrace modern features.
If the person is not very familiar with machines, they might face a dilemma in deciding which one to buy. Here are some things you should consider before taking the next step and buying an embroidery machine.
- 1 Top 13 Best Home Embroidery Machines Review:
- 1.1 Brother SE400 Combination Computerized Sewing and 4×4 Embroidery Machine With 67 Built-in Stitches, 70 Built-in Designs, 5 Lettering Fonts
- 1.2 Singer SE300 Legacy Sewing and Embroidery Machine with Online Owner’s Class
- 1.3 Janome Horizon Memory Craft 12000 Embroidery and Sewing Machine
- 1.4 Brother SE1800 Sewing and Embroidery Machine
- 1.5 Brother PE770 5×7 inch Embroidery machine with built-in memory, USB port, 6 lettering fonts and 136 built-in designs
- 1.6 Brother PE500 4×4 Embroidery Machine With 70 Built-in Designs and 5 Fonts
- 1.7 Brother LB6800PRW Project Runway Computerized Embroidery and Sewing Machine with Included Rolling Carrying Case
- 1.8 Janome Memory Craft 350E Embroidery Machine
- 1.9 Brother Designio Series DZ820E Embroidery Machine with bonus embroidery hoops (4×4 inch and 2.5×1 inch), a starter kit and a CD with 200 bonus embroidery designs
- 1.10 Brother PE525 Embroidery Machine
- 1.11 Brother Designio DZ820E Embroidery Machine w/ Grand Slam Package Includes 64 Embroidery Threads + Prewound Bobbins + Cap Hoop + Sock Hoop + Stabilizer + 15,000 Designs + Scissors
- 1.12 Singer 4-in-1 Futura Quartet Sewing, Embroidery, Quilting and Serging Machine with Bonus Accessories
- 1.13 Brother LB6800PRW Project Runway Computerized Embroidery and Sewing Machine with Included Rolling Carrying Case
- 2 Factors to consider when buying embroidery machines:
Top 13 Best Home Embroidery Machines Review:
The ‘Brother SE400 Combination Computerized Sewing and 4×4 Embroidery Machine’ is one of the latest inventions by Brother. It has received great feedback and was widely described as a perfect entry-level machine. Users commented that it’s easy to manipulate and very cost-efficient. With a price that fits the budget, it offers full control over all your designs and decor projects, all the while offering up to 70 built-in designs to help trigger your creativity. Embroidery becomes easier with built-in tutorials displayed on a wide LCD screen where you can easily manipulate all the functions that the machine offers.
Features and Specification:
It’s a 3-in-1 machine for embroidery, quilting, and sewing with 4-inch by 4-inch embroidery capabilities. The LCD screen is easily accessible and it has 67 different sewing stitches with 70 embroidery designs built in. This machine has five different lettering fonts and computer connectivity for uploading and downloading embroidery designs and updating the machine’s system. It has a one-touch, automatic thread cutter. It also comes with a 25-year limited warranty and free phone support.
Machine dimensions are 10.94” x 6.89” x 15.55” (H x W x D) and the weight is 13.669 lbs. It has a 2.7-inch x 1.4-inch LCD screen. It comes with built-in languages and 1 LED light. This machine has an independent bobbin winding motor. It also has an excellent upper and bobbin thread sensor. Maximum sewing speed is 710 stitches per minute. Feed-dog and stitch width is 7 mm. Stitch length is 5 mm. This machine has a maximum embroidery speed of 400 stitches per minute. It has on-screen automatic density adjustment
- The machine contains built-in tutorials which can be very helpful for beginners and embroiderers who are not very familiar with machines.
- It’s a 3-in-1 machine that can help you save money and encourage you to try new things if you haven’t tried embroidery or sewing before.
- It is very lightweight compared to other machines and easy to carry around in its special bag, especially if you are taking classes.
- The computer connectivity allows you to install even more designs, either purchased or found online for free.
- The built-in light is very helpful for people with poor eyesight.
- The LCD screen is a time saver since it replaces buttons and dialers and is more intuitive than trying to figure out what each button does.
- You don’t have to worry about the time-consuming task of having to wind the bobbin and thread the needle.
- The 4×4 hoop size sets a limit of sorts on certain designs, and it cannot be upgraded.
This machine is certainly not for professionals and big businesses. However, it is a fun place to start, and it can easily be enjoyed by professionals too. It’s very flexible and easy to manipulate thanks to the LCD screen where you can control all the functions. It combines sewing and embroidery, a feature lacking in many other machines. It’s relatively affordable too, taking into consideration all the features, built-in designs, and stitches that the machine offers. This is a genuinely brilliant invention by Brother.
Needlework has been made easier by the introduction of computerized stitching and embroidery mechanisms. This apparatus has significantly transformed and enhanced effectiveness, leading to greater output in the garment industry. The introduction of the ‘Singer SE300 Legacy Sewing and Embroidery Machine with Online Owner’s Class’ comes with the latest modernized features.
Features and Specification:
It contains up to 250 (plus ten important) incorporated stitches. It includes one touch sew – all basic and complicated stitches for different varieties of fabric type are included, and a 200mm edge work top, which leaves space to manage tasks easily. The option exists for computerized thread tension and needle threading, meaning that threading is done automatically in a short time.
Other features include: a yarn ripper, on and off keys (no manual operations), 3 ‘STAYBRIGHT LED lights (to provide a clear vision of your work), an LCD Touch Monitor (displays the design, easily adjustable), 800 sewing stitches per minute, and 10 ‘Snap-On’ presser feet (a wide range of foot activities). The machine has up to 200 incorporated needlework blueprints for correct stitches and outstanding results, six alphabetical selections for a wide variety of choices and a manageable and spacious work top that makes work comfortable and economical. It also has two ‘Snap-On’ stitching loops with wider loops for a variety of design options, free accessible software for the internet (so you can gain skills and knowledge easily), and can complete about 700 sewing stitches in a minute. Other features include: A onetouch thread ripper, an alert for when the thread is almost finished, free extra studs, detailed USB needlework drawings, automatic thread tension and needle threading, and up to a 5-year service contract.
It includes large and small embroidery loops, a universal foot (for satin, overcasting, zippers, blind hems, button holes, straight stitching, embroidery, and parallel), a comforter bar, a pin spool (bobbin felt), a screwdriver, spikes, and a needle cover. Specifications also include: A yarn ripper, a fur sweep, fiber coil caps, a supplementary reel pin, reels, a pack of spikes, and a removable computerized embroidery device.
- Remarkable and outstanding output from a short time of sewing and embroidery.
- Plenty of options with a wide range of patterns and designs, accessible with ease from the internet. It offers a lot of creativity; one can customize their own designs.
- They’re simple and secure, since most of the machines have inbuilt straight-forward tutorials making learning easy for anyone, even a beginner who has never used any sewing machine.
- These sewing machines are automatically set to manage and direct speed, and to provide yarn and thread rigidity. The functionality is saved within the machine for ease of use. The basics can be set automatically and stitch patterns are programmed to accomplish all the chores in one go.
- The learning process can be extremely tasking for some users, with no compartment for garnishes. It may take a long time to master and may require regular referral to the manual.
- They’re also quite costly.
To sum up, there is a wide range of computerized sewing and embroidery machines; your choice will be determined by the appeal of features and your price range. Your ability to gain knowledge from a modernized machine is also a factor. “That’s the reality of the modern computerized system!”
Janome Horizon Memory Craft 12000 Embroidery and Sewing Machine
When you have a reliable and well-sorted machine like the Janome Horizon Memory Craft 12000 Embroidery and Sewing Machine, there is no end of the potential journeys in imagination to create whatever you desire. Amongst the latest machines produced by Janome, it has the major and most steady embroidery techniques. This machine offers a perfect combination of highly developed know-how and user-friendliness.
Features and Specification:
Superior pc perspective horizon is the best features of this Machine. A displaying unit that enlarges the drawing making it easy to edit and manipulate, it can also be connected to the desktop through the superior link whenever required, transferring and storing details back to the sewing machine. It has an excellent and Modern JPX drawing layout Illustrations and pictorial figures can be observed through the memory craft 12000. You can use the polish up and modify designs which later can be relocated while embroidering. You can store JPX records in MBX and transmit in Horizon connection. Enormous work space is Ideal for comforters or large items; it also incorporates a 15-inch metal coat imprint with valuable dimensions.
The entrusted textile supplying system is detachable with two alternatives; watertight movement both up to down controlling the material to provide accurate work. Stitch Creator is a program that forms and amends stitches from the processor with integral 30 sew-up tailored decorative designs and stitches. It is capable of producing up to 1000 sews in a minute separately and smoothly, allowing hands-free embroidery. The Automatic base raiser allows one to hold the item; when a thread cuts the spikes are easily pivoted shortening the sewing procedure. It has shield converter it changes the cover by a push of a button, allowing the feeler a straight line performance. Ten inherent LED illuminations are able to provide plenty of light in the sewing area. Coil Thread antenna gives a signal once bobbin thread is almost out. With long loops to do embroidery in firm garment areas, it becomes easy to put the design on ready to wear clothes.
Large and small embroidery components that help the hoop give incredible capabilities. Spacious Work Top that enables you to work freely and comfortably. It has horizontal convertibles and pen wing length. Velocity 1000 per minute and complete color is monitor. It comes with garment guide. 338 integral sketches.10 needle works typesets to choose from. Leap yarn trimming. Automatic restore for future use. Stitch writer to help in new design. 425 stitch up for use.
The following are the pros for this machine:
- Reasonably priced and within people’s means.
- Understandable and manageable.
- Easy to get – available in many stores.
- The manual’s language is difficult to understand resulting in unnecessary machine breakdowns by the user.
Finally, Janome Horizon Memory Craft 12000 Embroidery and Sewing Machine is a wonderful product to own at a pocket-friendly cost, yet the tutorials are difficult to grasp. Janome improvements maintain them at the peak performance. “If you like it, Janome is the crown of sewing machines!”
How amazing would it be to design your own clothes and stitch them at home? With SE1800 Sewing Machine, the possibilities are endless. This sewing machine by the famous sewing brand, Brother, is made for rugged use. There is only one simple reason why this sewing machine should be your choice of purchase it does exactly what it claims it will do.
On purchasing the SE1800 sewing machine, the few items included in the package are the embroidery hoops, embroidery bobbins, different types of foot (zipper foot, zigzag foot) and so on. A pack of needles is also included, along with the Grand Slam package. The machine comes encased in a hard protective case which can be used for carrying the sewing machine from one place to another.
Features and Specification:
This particular sewing machine is a money saver. This hamper consists of 64 embroidery threads along with a thread box, pre-wound bobbins, 15,000 embroidery design CD, Thread Converter Pro III, cap hoop, sock hop and stork embroidery scissors. It comes with 136 built-in embroidery designs and six lettering fonts. The largest available size for lettering fonts is 5″ by 7″. The Brother SE1800 is not only an embroidery machine but a full-fledged sewing machine that comes with 184 built-in sewing stitches and ten buttonhole stitches. You can create your own stitch using the built-in My Custom Stitch Feature. An unlimited number of stitches can be created and stored in the machine’s built-in memory. The 2-in-1 embroidery and sewing machine comes with a built-in USB port making the storage and transfer of embroidery design quick and hassle-free. Customer reviews state that their Brother sewing machines have lasted for more than ten years without breaking down even once. Any required repairs, were explained in the manual and were very easy to perform. The Function Panel of the sewing machine is located exactly in front of the user at eye level, allowing easy access to the Programmed Thread Trimming Button, Needle Up/Down Button and Start/Stop Button. This Brother sewing machine comes with all the latest technology such as an on-screen, step-by-step tutorial, which can be used whenever need arises.
The Brother SE1800 model is a budget-friendly machine and is available in blue and white. Brother offers a warranty period of one year from original purchase date for various parts of the machine, two years for electronic components and printed circuit boards and 25 years for Chassis Casting.
- Easy to operate and can be repaired by the user with great ease
- Provides user support through events and forums
- Offers unlimited fonts and embroidery designs.
- Brother is known for its extensive industrial and commercial use and might not be the best choice for home use.
Brother is one of the leading companies in the sewing and embroidery world and offers prompt customer service. SE1800 is a highly functional and affordable machine that comes with an illuminated sewing area.
The PE770 is one of Brother’s most famous and best-selling embroidery machines. This machine is literally a boon to embroidery lovers. Its compatibility with USB 2.0 gives you the scope of storing and transferring an infinite number of designs. This is the perfect embroidery machine to take your skills to the next level and is a useful addition to your craft room. Because of how easy it is to use, it can also be used by teens for projects.
Features and Specification:
The model comes with a 5” by 7″ large embroidery field. The lit embroidery field provides enough space for easy working or for making larger embroidery patterns and fonts. The PE770 comes with a backlit LCD screen that helps in easy reading of instructions and selecting designs, making it very easy to use. The embroidery machine has a large library of built-in features. It comes with 136 built-in embroidery designs and 6 lettering fonts. These built-in designs include scrollwork, floral and quilt patterns, 10 frame shapes and 12 border styles. This device lets you create and store your own designs, thus promoting learning. The embroidery hoop’s position can be adjusted depending on the need and convenience in as many as possible angles. The threading can be done conveniently at the top near the bobbin’s placement. It also comes with an auto thread cutter and allows consistent stitching and accurate thread trimming. The PE770 allows computer connectivity to transfer data back and forth from the embroidery machine to the computer. This means you can store an unlimited number of designs and fonts. The machine embroiders at a record-breaking 650 stitches per minute, allowing you to create many designs within a short span of time. With its multiple uses, its price is very affordable. The PE770 is low on maintenance and repair can easily be done by the user with the provided manual.
The PE770 model comes only in one colour. It has a white body, with a few of the detailing accents in a light blue colour. The weight of the machine including the packing is 26.6 pounds. The dimensions of the model are 21.2 x 16.9 x 17.3 inches. Brother offers a warranty period of two years from the original purchase date for parts of the machine, six years for electronic components and printed circuit boards and 25 years for Chassis Casting.
- Great for use by beginners
- Comes with built-in embroidery designs and fonts
- Works at a very high speed
- Clean and high-quality design
- Ability to interact with other Brother users through events and forums
- Additional embroidery designs need to be purchased
The PE770 Brother Embroidery model is great for home use. Artwork can be customized and font and embroidery size can be increased or decreased with ease. This embroidery device is recommended for its affordability, speed, easy repair and productivity. It makes a lovely gift for someone who has just started design school.
Over the years, the embroidery industry has greatly evolved. From manual design and embroidery to computerized machines that can download your desired design anytime. Brother Sewing has played a key role in the development of user-friendly machines that actualize the designer’s dreams. If you would like to start an embroidery job at home and have fun while doing it, this is the machine for you. Brother has a variety of great embroidery machines from which to choose: SE00, PE525, HE1, PE770, among others. Here is a machine that allows you to customize the look of your Christmas stockings, throw blankets, pillowcases and much more.
Features and Specification:
The PE500 comes with 70 Built-in Designs and five Lettering Fonts and a 4-inch by 4-inch embroidery area. It has computer connectivity which allows you to import thousands of designs from Brother’s iBroidery.com and other sites. This will also be useful for your machine’s future updates. An embroidery starter kit and other accessories, such as, a hoop and needle set are included. . The Brother embroidery-only model is easy to learn and use. Well-lit touch screen LCD accesses the designs and lettering fonts. It has bilingual user manual, 25-year limited warranty, and free phone support for the life of the product.
From a spec and usability point of view, the machine has beautiful output. It’s user-friendly and durable. Over the years, users have highly recommended this model. Although you will get a pack of accessories to accompany the machine, you can easily obtain additional stabilizers, thread, spools, bobbins and extra hoops from Brother. This ensures the durability of the machine, as well as, the flexibility of design. Gone are the days of closing one eye to thread a needle, the PE500 comes with an automatic needle threader. The bobbin thread drops in easily and does not require ‘fishing.’ Please note: The technical aspects of HE1 and PE500 are the same, but the HE1 does not come with three spools and three sheets of stabilizers. PE500 is not recommended for use in countries that do not support 120V AC, even with the help of a voltage adapter.
- The price for PE500 is pocket-friendly, and it’s available.
- Unlike the previous Brother Embroidery machines, the PE500 bobbin winds smoothly and evenly.
- The workspace is sufficiently lit and threading the bobbin has never been easier
- The PE500 does a great job at embroidery design; however, it does not have a large memory for storing multiple designs.
This is the ideal machine for learning the basics of embroidery. The PE500 delivers on its promise to produce beautiful, well-finished designs. If you want to embroider towels and other heavy fabric, you may need to buy a larger 5×7 inch field, but why pay three times the price to acquire a larger embroidery field while you can maximize on the many designs you have available? I believe it’s the ultimate machine for every embroidery designer, easy to use, and easy to purchase!
Brother LB6800PRW machine is a two-in-one machine that allows both embroidery and sewing. It provides a wide range of sewing stitches, in addition, to many built-in embroidery designs. Most features are computer controlled, thus, there are few inputs when sewing or embroidering.
Features and Specification:
There are 67 built-in stitches, virtually for any of your fashion or home décor. The stitches include utility, heirloom and other decorative stitches for embroidery design and you will find 70 built-in designs which include both floral and holiday. Also included in the package is 120 built-in frame patterns and 5-built in fonts. The embroidery area available is a whopping 4” x 4”. This space is ample enough to allow you to exercise creativity on any item of which you are working. Accessible to the LCD, the tutorials are available to get you started, or for reference, when you are exploring new features. One of the tutorial examples includes demonstrating the correct positioning of a spool of thread. The accessories add extra specialized functionality to the machine, which include a USB cord, a soft machine cover, and a project runaway embroidered rolling bag. The (.pes) is the embroidery format accepted by the Brother Computerised Embroidery and Sewing Machine the Brother Computerised Embroidery and Sewing Machine is shipped with a multilingual manual and is handy when making references.
This is your gateway to all the functionality of the machine. From the LCD you can access editing options, i.e. rotating the design. You can also access exciting embroidery design and editing features from the display. The connectivity will help you update your machine and/or import design imports. The ports that facilitate these operations are the USB and the Cable connection. You can purchase embroidery cards and use them as optional means for importing the design to the machine. By just a touch of a button, the automatic needle threader takes care of threading for you. The feature of programming the need is easily accessible from the display.
- The machine’s sleek design reduces its weight and adds convenience to be moved, but maintaining a flawless performance.
- The machine is user-friendly and requires no research or training. You can embroider right out of the box.
- It has a large variety of stitching, thus, suitable for many uses.
- The machine has a 25-year unlimited warranty with 24-hour phone support for the life of the product.
- The price of the machine is steep, making it unaffordable to many people.
Brother LB6800PRW Computerised Embroidery and Sewing Machine is a portable machine suitable for people on the move. On the other hand, it is also quite expensive.
The Janome 350E Embroidery Machine is a computerized machine used for embellishing home decor items, such as, garments and accessories. The machine allows one to customize any material by simply changing the thread.
Features and Specification:
The Janome 350E Embroidery Machine has memory craft 350E, and it can embroider materials to a maximum size of 5.5″ x 7.9″. There are 100 ready to sew designs available in this category. You can also open and use design files in the external memory. Memory Craft 350E accepts a variety of threads. Examples of threads include: Janome, Robinson-Anton, Madeira and Mettler. Functions available include: Zoom, Drag and Drop, Turnover, Rotate, Enlarge and Reduce. On-screen help contains assistance for basic operations of the machine. By pressing the help key, the help index window opens allowing you to view the help topic by pressing the key next to the topic you choose.
This provides the interface for accessing functions and operations of the sewing machine. The information displayed is also large. This sewing machine allows monogramming, a design decoration consisting of two or more alphabetic letters. From the monogram window, select the alphabet letter and it is saved in memory. The fonts available in the Janome 350E Embroidery Machine for selection are: Gothic, Script and Cheltenham font. You can also select 2-letter and 3-letter fonts.
The adoption of computer technology in some operations of the Janome 350E Embroidery Machine makes the machine use easy and hustle free. You can achieve a maximum sewing speed of 650 stitches per minute (SPM). You can select from one of the 11 languages by pressing the corresponding key. The languages include: English, French, Dutch, etc. Memory Craft 350E provide two external interfaces for accessing designs. The external interfaces are compatible with flash cards, i.e. USB and ATA PC Card. Janome Embroidery Format or (.jef) is the embroidery format accepted by Memory Craft 350E sewing machine. With the Janome 350E, you don’t have the hustle of cutting the thread each time you complete sewing a section; the machine automatically does it for you.
- The window of the machine explains everything you need to do. For example: The window will indicate when to change the thread and what color is needed.
- You can easily download designs from the embroidery sites and plug them into the USB to your machine and begin sewing.
- The Janome software customizer is easy to use.
- Embroidery stitches are well done, and the 2 hoops in the machine, allow more scope in size of the design stitched.
- A large information touchscreen ensures functions are easily accessed to added convenience to the user.
- Availability of embroidery time and stitch indicators in the machine is more convenient to the user.
- Availability of accessories to ensure high productivity. Some standard accessories include an Embroidery foot, Embroidery Hoop A, and B, cloth setter, etc.
- It is large and heavy, weighing 10 Kilograms.
Other than the weight problem and a huge price tag, there are enormous advantages to using a Memory Craft 350E. All the advantages are towards the convenience and productivity of the individual with impeccable craftsmanship. The computerized system in the machine eliminates most of the manual input required so accuracy is derived.
The Brother Designio Series DZ820E Embroidery Machine has the potential to give anyone, even beginners, and the ability to embellish any item of cloth in a professional-looking manner. The included starter kit and CD with additional designs make this product user-friendly and easy to get started!
Features and Specification:
The DZ820E comes with everything you need to start embellishing clothes and home decorating items. The built-in touch screen comes with valuable tutorials, making the features easy to learn and master. The built-in USB port on the DZ820E makes it easy to import designs from the internet into the machine. On top of that, it’s compatible with iBroidery.com, where you can browse thousands of embroidery designs, and instantly have access to them using the USB port. The DZ820E has a wide, 4” by 4” embroidery area. This allows you to easily and conveniently create larger designs, and combine multiple designs for a great look! The embroidery area is also well-lit, making it easy to work in any situation and eliminates the need for extra lights.
This machine comes with a complete starter kit, including everything you need to get started right away. This includes extra embroidery hoops, scissors, a needle set, a spool cap and net, and more! This automated tool makes the annoying task of needle threading easy, quick and hassle-free. Another great feature is the fabric-feeder, which feeds the fabric smoothly and easily through the machine, eliminating you’re worried about fabric getting caught!
- Probably the best thing about this machine is the ease of use. It comes with an operation manual in both English and Spanish, as well as built-in tutorials on the touch screen that makes it easy to find your way.
- The connectivity with the USB port is another great feature. Through iBroibery.com and other online sources, there’s virtually no limit to the beautiful designs you can create using the DZ820E!
- The included starter kit means everything you need to get started is right at your fingertips! The many extra items that come along with the machine itself make this a great value for your money.
- The wide and well-lit embroidery area adds to the ease and convenience of using this machine. The large workspace makes it easy to combine different designs, which can make for a piece of clothing or household decoration looking fabulous! The well-lit space also means you can use the DZ820E in many different places.
- Although this machine is more expensive than some similar mechanical machines, the functionality of the DZ820E, along with everything included in the cost, make this purchase a great value for its price!
- This machine does require a variety of electronic parts and needs a continuous supply of power. Therefore, there is a higher risk of a piece getting lost or damaged and needing replacing.
With so many extra features that come with the DZ820E, it’s a great investment for those that love embroidering. The tutorials and manual make it very easy to master the art of this machine, so don’t think it’s just for professionals! With the DZ820E, you can start embroidering right away, with thousands of beautiful designs to choose from!
The Brother PE525 Embroidery Machine is a great tool for any embroiderer, whether a beginner or professional! The starter kit, touch screen with tutorials, connectivity, and other features make this one of the best electronic embroidery machines on the market.
Features and Specification:
The PE525 has a built-in USB port that allows you to import countless embroidery designs from your computer right to the machine. In today’s world of technology, there are thousands of patterns and designs online, and with this feature, you can have instant access to them. The PE525 comes with a well-equipped starter kit that will get you stitching in no time! The included tutorials on the touch screen come with step-by-step instructions on how to get started, making this machine a great choice even for beginners. As well as being able to import designs online, the PE525 comes with 70 built-in embroidery designs already saved on the machine. If you want to frame your design, there are a total of 120 beautiful frame pattern combinations to choose from. On top of all that, the PE525 also comes with five different lettering font styles.
This handy feature completely removes the need for extra lights while embroidering. The PE525 comes with lights that make every part of the machine clearly visible. These lights put a special focus on the area around the needle, making it very easy to see your work. The PE525 has a very high rate of stitching, with up to 400 stitches per minute. The automated needle threader also eliminates the hassle of threading needles by hand- with just the push of a button; it’s done for you.
- The machine comes with a 4″ by 4″ embroidery area, which allows you to create larger designs conveniently. The PE525 can also rotate designs by up to 90 degrees. You even have the option to combine various designs!
- The starter guide and built-in tutorials make this a great option for those new to embroidery. With so many resources at your fingertips, the PE525 is easy to learn and will have you feeling like a pro in no time.
- The connectivity through the USB port means you have limitless designs and patterns to choose from. Simply find a design, import it through the USB, and instantly add it to pieces of clothing or home décor.
- The included starter kit comes with everything you need to start embroidering. With the needle set, embroidery hoop, bobbins, scissors and more, this set is a great value!
- The PE525 is electronic, making it much easier, quicker, and more effective than mechanical embroidery machines.
- The PE525 does have a wide variety of parts and features, which can make it, seem overwhelming and confusing at first. Although it is a complex machine, with the help of the starter guide and built-in tutorials, it’ll soon become easy to understand and master.
The speed and efficiency of the PE525 make it one of the most popular embroidery machines. The easy-to-learn nature of this product makes it a great choice for beginners and the productivity makes it popular among professionals as well.
The Brother Designio DZ820E was created for embroidery purposes. It is simple to use and is great for beginners. There is a professional touch to the embroidery created designs. Though it is a little on the expensive side, this particular model does come with a gift hamper (starter pack)
Features and Specification:
The Brother Designio DZ820E comes with the Grand Slam Embroidery Package free of cost, which includes around 64 multi-coloured embroidery threads and more than 15000 designs – so you’ll never run out of them. This embroidery machine has a speed of 650 stitches per minute. Brother is known for its versatility and ease of use. The DZ820E comes with a large 5″ x 7″ embroidery field that accommodates most designs of varying size and shape. One main feature of this embroidery machine is that the embroidery hoops are interchangeable. The three embroidery hoops come in the sizes – 5″ x 7″, 4″ x4″, and 2.5″ x 1″. It also comes with built-in 136 embroidery designs. The machine is delivered to you fully equipped. The contents last for a long time before you’ll have to buy new ones. The only thing that doesn’t come along with the package is the cloth. A few contents of the package are: a dust cover, three embroidery hoops, a protective carry case, a CD preloaded with 200 embroidery designs, and much more. This particular machine also comes with a Grand Slam package.
The machine comes with a backlit LCD screen on which you can select the design and make adjustments. The text is displayed in large fonts for clear visibility. The user can select between a few languages as the choice of display. It also comes with an automatic needle threader. It means that you only have to click the button for the threader to navigate the thread to the eye of the needle. The embroidery work area is lit up by LED lights for optimum visibility and maximum productivity. The embroidery machine comes with two LED lights, and the instructions can be read in two languages: English and Spanish. There is one USB port to support computer connectivity. Warranty Brother offers a warranty period of two years from the original purchase date for parts of the machine, six years for electronic components and printed circuit boards, and 25 years for Chassis Casting.
- Convenient to use.
- Excellent value for money.
- Comes with built-in tutorial.
- Accessories that last for ages
- Voted as the best embroidery machine for beginners
- It can only accommodate one spool
Several people have reviewed the Design DZ820E for its efficiency and showered praises upon its functionality and ease of use. You can virtually make anything that you can imagine. If you are starting anew, the DZ820E model should be your choice. It has all the basic features to provide good learning, and is advanced enough for later user development. It gives the flexibility to embroider larger designs with great ease.
The Singer Futura Quarter is one of the most highly equipped multifunctional devices you will find on the market. You can sew, embroider, quilt, and serge using the same machine – it’s definitely the best bargain. Using this machine will definitely save you a lot of money, as you can work on your own clothes and quilts. Also, you can use the features of four machines combined into one, which saves a lot of space.
Features and Specification:
The machine comes with a spacious and functional embroidery field of 18.5″ x 11”, and has a multi-hoop advantage. This means that you can use two hoops at a time and therefore not have to keep changing hoops when a new one is required. The two hoop sizes are 10″ x 6” (meant for larger designs) and 4″ x 4” (for more intricate and smaller patterns). It offers the best built-in features than most of the embroidery only machines on the market. The Singer Futura Quarter comes with 215 built-in sewing stitches, 125 built-in embroidery patterns, 20 monogramming fonts, 20 alphabet fonts, and six buttonhole styles. You can also feed up to 1000 embroidery designs into the machine.
The embroidery software of this 4-in-1 machine has a special feature that allows you to edit the pre-existing designs as desired. It also uses Auto punch software which helps you convert images, clipart, logos, and drawings into embroidery designs. You can choose the colour you want, the stitch types, and angles. Another feature of the software is the Hyperfont feature allowing you to convert true type fonts from your computer into embroidery.
A few bonus accessories are included in the delivered package. One of which is a presser foot sensor which starts buzzing to notify you of a fault in the placement of the presser foot. The Swift Smart threading system and automatic needle threader features have made sewing so much easier, especially for the elderly and those with poor eyesightBecause of the Drop and Sew bobbin system, you don’t need to pull the thread from the bobbin; after inserting the thread from the spool into the needle, you can immediately start sewing.
The dimensions of the product are 22″ x 9.5″ x 13″ and the shipping weight of the package is 47.9lb. Singer offers a limited warranty of 25 years on the Futura Quartet model. The body of the Singer model is made of heavy duty metal.
- The device includes an extra high presser foot system so that your hands aren’t tied up and can be used to manipulate the fabric being stitched.
- The Futura Quartet model is a 4-in-1 device, i.e., it can perform the functions of Sewing, Embroidery, Quilting and Serging all on the same device.
- It is great value for money.
- The heavy duty metal frame protects it against wear and tear.
- It takes a little time to get used to the automatic needle threader.
The Futura Quartet is great for everyday use at home because of its high functionality. The six LED lighting system lights up the work area which facilitates maximum functionality even during gloomy weather and at night. This 4-in-1 is highly recommended for any household.
Brother’s Project Runway computerized embroidery and sewing machine is a budget-friendly 2-in-1 best-selling machine. The LB6800PRW model is a part of Brother’s limited Project Runaway series, and comes with a glamorous rolling carrying case. For its price, the Project Runway model comes with a wide range of uses; ideal for someone who is exclusively into embroidery and sews occasionally.
Features and Specification:
For a mid-range priced machine, it comes with an impressive amount of built-in features making it impossible to ignore. It comes with over 65 built-in sewing stitches, 70 embroidery designs, 120 frame combinations, and five lettering fonts. Even though the designs offered are fewer compared to other high-end machines, you can always add more to your collection by connecting the machine to a computer. There are many websites from where you can purchase new designs, or download for free. You can also upload your own designs because of this amazing feature. However, the machine is not compatible with Apple MAC.
The Runway Project model has a backlit LCD screen located in the top right part of the machine, from which you can regulate the size, length or breadth of the stitch and embroidery design. It can also be used to watch built-in tutorials.
This machine comes with an advanced bobbin winding technology. Unlike other devices where you have to wind the thread around the bobbin manually, for this machine, you won’t have to do that. After the bobbin is placed in position, all you have to do is push it tight and press the start button. The bobbin will wind itself. The working area is lit by LED lights making work so much easier. The bright light helps in easy threading of the needle, easy sewing and makes it possible to use the machine during night time as well. The Brother LB6800PRW comes with a work area of 4” x 4” which is perfect for making intricate and repetitive designs.
The weight of the Project Runway model is 36.6 pounds including the packaging. The product dimensions are 21.5” x 16” x 22”. Brother provides a 25 years limited warranty on this product. You can choose between English and Spanish as the language of choice for displaying the instructions on the LCD screen.
- Provides a large variety of options for its price.
- Its seven sewing feet make it easy to sew and embroider bulky as well as flimsy fabrics.
- Easy accessibility to designs and stitches through the LCD screen.
- Adjustable stitch length – 2″ to 2.4″.
- Small work space, therefore only meant for small embroidery pieces. Go for bigger machines if you want to embroider large blocks.
The Project Runway model is highly recommended for a teenager’s use. The golden and brown checked rolling luggage that comes with purchasing the 2-in-1 sewing and embroidery machine is definitely a bonus.
Factors to consider when buying embroidery machines:
First off, you might want to consider the brand, and whether its general average price fits your budget. It’s common knowledge that some brands are cheaper than others. That doesn’t necessarily mean that their quality is worse, but you might want to do some preliminary research about each brand, what it provides, and the ratings and feedback it has received.
Secondly, if you plan on making a business from embroidery, you might want to consider a machine that is made specifically for mass production. Also, you need to ask yourself if you’re planning on using premade designs; some machines now offer the possibility of downloading designs from your computer to the machine while others have designs already installed in them. You might want to upgrade your machine if you’re using it for business, as these features can be very helpful.
Make sure it’s user-friendly to avoid having to throw it or put it away, simply because you can’t figure out how to make it work. Some brands are easier to work with than others. Consider unique but important features that some brands offer, such as automatic thread cutting or a pressure sensor. It is also wise to check if the embroidery unit is separate from the sewing unit, as this will mean that you can use the same machine for different applications.
Whether you’re doing it as a hobby or as a profitable business, a wide variety of endless possibilities is available as long as you’re meticulous enough and attentive to all the details before making any major decision, and we all know how well embroidery helps develop those skills; however, the last piece of advice is to always check for the warranty and maintenance services because you never know when you might need them in case of emergency. And remember, there is always room for improvement, and a special machine for a special set of skills, so doesn’t aim too high from the first tries because you’re eventually going to become a professional.