The Magnetic car mount has taken prominence in the marketplace as a response to an increase in the number of mobile phone related car accidents reported over the last decade.
Car mounts offer a safer, less distracting means of communication, more so for individuals dependent on mobile devices for work. Magnetic technology ensures that the device is held at an accessible location in the vehicle so that calls can be answered without the need to avert the eyes from the road in front.
- Read also: 10 Best Car sound system reviews
Some important aspects to be considered when purchasing a magnetic car mount are ease-of-installation, access, visibility, durability, safety and the magnetic power as well as compatibility with various devices.
While most are affordable without necessarily compromising on efficacy, special care must be taken with budget mounts. The purpose of a mount is to contain a much more expensive device, therefore if a cheap mount falls apart, the device may end up incurring damage.
The guide below will serve to assist in selecting the best option for each individual as it counts down the top 10 best magnetic car mount reviews.
- 1 Top 10 Best magnetic car mounts:
- 1.1 10) Scosche MAGDMB MagicMount Magnetic Dash Mount for Mobile Devices
- 1.2 9) AVANTEK Universal Cell Phone Air Vent Car Mount Holder Cradle
- 1.3 8) Zilu Car Phone Mount
- 1.4 7) Car Mount, TechMatte MagGrip Air Vent Magnetic Universal Car Mount Holder
- 1.5 6) TaoTronics Car Phone Mount Holder
- 1.6 5) iOttie Easy One Touch 3 (V2.0) Car Mount Universal Phone Holder
- 1.7 4) WizGear Universal Stick-On Dashboard Magnetic Car Mount Holder
- 1.8 3) SMART & EASY Magnetic Cell Phone Holder
- 1.9 2) Koomus Magnetos CD Magnetic Cradle-less Smartphone Car Mount
- 1.10 1) WizGear Universal Air Vent Magnetic Car Mount Holder
Top 10 Best magnetic car mounts:
This brilliant cradle-free design from Scosche is universally compatible with most smartphones, tablets and GPS devices. Sleek and using an advanced 3M adhesive that secures devices in desired, designated locations, this product boasts a powerful magnet for instant attachment.
The package includes a larger and smaller MagicPlate, which is installed behind cases or battery covers for a whole host of devices.
While the magnet is strong enough to hold heavy devices, a common complaint was that the adhesion was not strong enough, resulting in the mount coming away upon colliding with speed bumps or under the weight of heavier devices.
· Compatible with a range of devices from smartphones to GPS units and tablets
· Sleek, cradle-free design for minimal clutter on dashboard
· Powerful magnet that holds the device firmly in place.
· Poor adhesion resulting in mount coming away.
The fact that it holds such a wide range of devices makes this a unit worthy of note.
This state-of-the-art design from AVANTEK is firmly secured onto cars’ air vent blades with two adjustable, durable clips, rather than a standard adhesive and is in at number 9 on this guide.
The spring-loaded arm can bear the weight of devices up to 3.35 inches in width and it is compatible with most smartphones on the market.
The AVANTEK design also boasts an adjustable ball that can be swiveled 360 degrees, permitting devices to be viewed from a number of angles.
Finally, the rubber padding ensures devices remain scratch-free and protected.
· Rubber padding to prevent scratching to device cases
· Adjustable ball that allows device to be viewed from multiple angles
· Firm spring-loaded design holds device in place
· The clip-to-vent design is not stable and the mount constantly moves up and down. Can be prevented by securing it to some CD slots or in different ways, but difficult to find the right position.
Zilu’s mount makes it at number 8 on the 10 best magnetic car mount reviews with a stellar suction-cup adhesive design that sits firmly on dashboards and windshields.
The wing grips and padded back are ideal for scratch prevention and the mount can also be swiveled 360 degrees for multi-angle views.
This magnetic car mount is compatible with a whole plethora of devices from smartphones to MP4 players and is able to contain widths of up to an impressive 3.94 inches.
· Slick design is unobtrusive when sitting on windshield and dashboard
· Suction cup holds firm for prolonged periods of time
· Compatible with a wide range of devices of up to 3.94 inches thick
· Difficult to insert phone into holder, which can be distracting
· Difficult to find the “right spot” for the suction cup to hold on without falling off
The sleek design and attempt at sturdy adhesion leave this product at number 8.
Coming in at number 7 is minimalistic, yet effective TechMatte MagGrip design, one of the easiest car mounts to use.
It also boasts powerful, state-of-the-art neodymium magnets that set it apart from its competitors. It is compatible with most smartphones on the market, and the premium quality rubber clips ensure endurance and reliability when attached to the air vent.
The magnetic car mount also has 360 degree functionality, which means devices can be viewed at any odd angle desired.
· State-of-the-art neodymium magnets, ultra powerful for firm hold
· User-friendly, minimalistic design for hassle-free functionality
· Reliable vent-clipping design with premium quality rubber
· Vent-clip does not work well with all vents, limiting the design to a select few types.
It is not obtrusive and has a great magnet easily placing it in the 10 best magnetic car mount reviews on the web.
In at number 6, this delightful product takes us back to the suction cup feature on a popular product from TaoTronics. Said not only to be able to attach itself to smooth surfaces such as windscreens, it is just as effective on more rugged and textured dashboards.
It features an easily adjustable grip with a push-to-release button that can hold smartphones of up to 3.94 inches in thickness. As with most of the other designs featured in this guide, this one can also be viewed at different angles and can be swiveled 360 degrees without the base shifting.
The design offers maximum protection against scratches with a padded back, and the rotation arm allows easy access to the cell phone within arms’ length.
· Rotation arm allows for easy access
· Suction cup design that can attach to textured surfaces
· Push-to-release to easily extract smartphones
· Can be difficult to find the “right position” to attach the suction cup. Recommended to rinse and air dry before attempting to attach onto dashboards.
This versatile, compact product breaks into the top 5 on this guide and for good reason.
The stand-out feature on this particular magnetic car mount is the Easy One-Touch mounting system that allows users to attach and detach devices with the mere push of a finger.
Another impressive feature of this mount is an enhanced telescopic arm that allows for greater accessibility, allowing it to be brought closer to the user for better viewing.
Compatible with most smartphones, this mount is suitable for devices of up to 3.5 inches thick in this upgraded version.
· Easy One-Touch mounting system for quick attachment and detachment
· Telescopic arm that allows for closer viewing when required
· Versatile and compact
· Difficult to secure larger phones to the mount because of distance between release levers
A decent product to break into the top 5 on this guide.
- Read also: 10 Best wireless earbuds for working out
WizGear have become increasingly popular on the market and feature on most top 10 lists on the internet.
The most prominent characteristic of this terrific product is that it does not obstruct the air vent. It also boasts a “snap-swap” technology that makes it a lot easier to use than a competing magnetic car mount.
Add the usual swiveling display for a multi-angled view of devices, a firm, strong rubber base and an exquisitely powerful magnet and this all-in-one, highly compatible magnetic car mount easily make the cut on this list.
· User-friendly: the “snap-swap” technology means there is no hassle when attaching or detaching smartphones
· Does not obstruct air vents
· Poor adhesive that does not hold during warm spells.
WizGear is a universally-recognized, compatible brand and in spite of the poor adhesive, this one deserves to take fourth place.
Winding down this guide to the 10 best magnetic car mount reviews is this gem from Smart & Easy, which sits comfortably in at number 3.
This magnetic car mount easily lives up to its name and requires a hassle-free one-handed, ergonomic phone installation. While most of the other products on this list have an excellent 360 degree view, this one takes it up a notch with an impressive 720 degree multi-multi-angle view for enhanced visibility and accessibility.
Smart and Easy claim to have tested their product extensively, affirming its safe nature and that it will not harm devices with the powerful magnet.
· Easy, one-hand installation and detachment
· 720 degrees multi-angle view
· Trial and tested, passing quality check
· Only complaint would be the 3M adhesive, which may cause the mount to fall off eventually
A smart, reliable and easy-to-use, a minimalistic product that stands out at number 3 on this guide to the 10 best magnetic car mount reviews on the web.
This cool, cradle-less product is the brilliant runner-up on this guide.
The product looks great and is compatible with most, if not all, devices. It also benefits from an “Easy Quick-snap one-hand” mounting system that allows for hassle-free attaching and detaching when required.
The stand-out feature for this one would be the way it attaches itself to the vehicle. It does not use any conventional form of adhesion that the others in this guide use. This one has to be installed into the car’s CD slot and is compatible with most CD slots.
· Clever car installation system that does not require adhesive or suction cup
· User-friendly and easy-to-use, usually with one hand
· Thin, great look
· Not many issues were raised, in particular, however, it may not attach itself to some of the more “circular” CD slots
A clever installation design and great compatibility put this one right up there with the best of the best on this guide to the 10 best magnetic car mount reviews.
This is arguably the best-selling magnetic car mount on the market today. Another premium quality product from WizGear, there are no surprises that this one claims the top spot on this guide to the 10 best magnetic car mount reviews.
The top feature on this product would be the universal magnet that is powerful enough to contain any smartphone device.
Other than that, it possesses the usual high-standard features including a sleek, compatible design, easy to install air-vent attachment system and durable rubber base to hold smartphones easily in place. Top marks for quality and safety and another breakthrough from WizGear.
· Extremely powerful magnet for “auto mounting” smartphones
· Sleek, easy-to-use design, fits well in air vent
· Durable design to hold smartphones in place even on bumpy terrains
· May pose problems attaching to some air vents, however, this is a minor issue that may be resolved with the release of future products
This excellent product from WizGear rounds up the guide to the 10 best magnetic car mount reviews.
- Read also: 10 Best Radio Alarm Clocks review
One of the leading causes of accidents is using a mobile device while driving, and acquiring a magnetic car mount is a step forward in enhancing road safety among drivers.
Although there are plenty of options available on the market for a durable yet sleek, powerful yet user-friendly magnetic car mount, care must be taken to ensure the right product for the right car is acquired.
The reviews show that in many cases, there were problems of compatibility with CD slots or dashboard surfaces, therefore caution must be exercised when opting for a particular kind of mount depending on the vehicle and the device being attached.
A common response to the suction cup not being able to stick onto rugged surfaces, which was a common issue among most of the mounts using the technique, was to rinse it in warm water and air-dry it before use.
All-in-all, not much can go wrong with the quality designs from WizGear, although some of the other products, such as the unique Koomus Magnetos CD-slot design can prove just as reliable.
There are plenty more options available in the market, however, the ten mentioned in this guide are best-selling and reviewed, and have therefore been customer-approved.