Stick vacuums are more than just your grandma’s old handheld Dustbuster. Now they have powerful motors, spinning brushes and able to clean all manner of flooring, stairs, automobiles and even above your head.
With more and more options, finding the best stick vacuum is becoming more and more difficult. So how do you know which one to choose? You follow this guide, of course. This article will cover the 10 best stick vacuums available today. Find out everything you need to know to make the right decision for your next vacuum.
How We Choose Our Ratings
We use a five-star rating system to rate our products. Five stars means that it exceeds our expectations and even though not every vacuum receives a five star rating, we only choose the vacuums that are the best of the best.
We scour the web looking at customer reviews and testimonials. We carefully consider the positive and negative feedback before narrowing down our selection of our favorite picks.
Top 10 Best Stick Vacuums
Take a closer look at our top picks.
Dirt Devil Simpli-Stik Lightweight
Corded Bagless Stick Vacuum
- 3-IN-1: Simpli-Stik’s easily transforms to whatever you need: a stick vac, a hand vac, or an extended hand vac; Dirt...
- EASY TO USE: Take the chore out of cleaning with this lightweight, ready-when-you-are bagless stick vacuum cleaner –...
- LIGHTWEIGHT AND POWERFUL: Tidy up your hard floors and rugs with powerful straight suction. Tackle tight, hard to reach...
The Simpli-Stik is a hand held, corded unit that offers 120 volts of power to a motor that uses over 1200pa of suction to pick up almost any mess. The canister can hold over 1 liter of dirt, dust and debris which puts cleaning ahead of maintenance.
You can detach the hand unit from the handle and suction head to go anywhere within the cords radius, which is a generous 16 feet. You don’t have to worry about recharging the battery because the cord stays with the vacuum and not the stick.
The Simpli-Stik only weighs four pounds and comes with one crevice tool that allows you to get into corners, along baseboards or easily overhead.
Eureka Blaze 3-in-1
- 3-In-1 design with onboard crevice tool allows you to customize your vacuum for your needs. At only 4 pounds, you can...
- Eureka's Signature swivel steering improves maneuverability and cleaning efficiency when compared to standard stick...
- Eureka's capture nozzle picks up larger debris with ease unlike other stick vacuums that push larger particles around....
Eureka comes in with a three in one design that allows you to have the functionality of an upright, complete with a wheeled suction head; a hand held unit or a hand held with a head. The corded vacuum provides over 1300pa of suction at a constant 120 volts for all messes on any surface.
You are offered the optional use of a single crevice tool attachment for use to get between cushions, along baseboards or in corners and shelves overhead. The entire unit weighs just over four pounds and can virtually anywhere with the 18-foot cord.
Bissell Featherweight Stick Vacuum
- Powerful, convenient, and easy to use
- Powerful suction makes it great for quick pick ups with multipurpose versatility
- Versatile cleaning three machines in one: A stick vacuum, handle vacuum, and stair vacuum
The Bissell Featherweight lives up to its name by giving you a three in one tool that weighs only 2.8 pounds. Like the Eureka Blaze, you can remove the stick handle, or the floor head or use all three pieces together. The 15-foot cord is long enough to go just about anywhere with minimal unplugging and plugging in over and over again.
You can use the suction only vacuum with or without the crevice tool, on hard flooring, rugs, carpet or stairs. Anywhere there is a mess; the Bissell Featherweight will get it clean.
Dyson V8 Absolute Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner
- Powerful suction to deep clean everywhere. 55% more suction than the Dyson V7.
- Dyson technology helps create a cleaner, healthier home - Our vacuums and purifiers are scientifically proven to capture...
- Engineered for whole-home, deep cleaning. Suction power, run time and tools designed to deep clean your whole home.
The absolute is a total redesign of the stick vacuum where the motor, collection bin and suction are all at the top of the handle. If you add the stick and floor head to the hand held unit, the secondary brush head motor will provide power to deep clean carpets and the messiest of hard flooring surfaces.
There are three options for running on regular power, max power or max power with the floor head motor. Each will drain the battery at different rates. Regular mode without the brush head will give you 40 minutes of cleaning time, 30 minutes in Max mode or 8 minutes with both motors at full speed.
Using the famous Dyson cyclone suction, the motor provides more power than any other vacuum on this list. It also boasts HEPA certified filtration which prevents in-home allergens from re-entering your home’s air or floors space to keep your allergies at bay.
Dirt Devil Vacuum Cleaner Vibe 3-in-1
- LIGHTWEIGHT DESIGN - easy transportation from room-to-room and up-and-down stairs. Motor Watts - 240 Watts
- ON/OFF BRUSHROLL - turn brushroll 'on' for carpeted surfaces and 'off' for hard floor cleaning
- EASY EMPTY DIRT CUP - makes emptying the dirt cup easy and mess-free
The Vibe is another corded vacuum (15 feet of cord, to be exact) that provides you with unlimited cleaning time and a wide radius to travel with.
You can remove the stick, the head or the hand unit to clean virtually anywhere dirt, dust and debris will settle. The filter is washable (make sure it is dry before reusing) and provides months of worry-free filtration.
Just like the Bissell, the Vibe can be transferred to any position or location and will work on any surface, hard or carpeted.
Deik Cordless Vacuum Cleaner
- Impressive Cleaning Performance: The powerful fade-free battery provides 25 minutes of impressive suction to pick up...
- Super Lightweight and Humanization : Net weight Only 3.1lb with corrosion resistant aluminum tube, LED Headlights Design...
- Floor to Ceiling Versatility: LED Lights on the electric brush to help spot hidden debris throughout your home....
Utilizing a stiff bristle brush bar, the Deik gives the Dyson a run for its money. Using the same “top of frame” motor location and a removable hand unit, the Deik can go anywhere. The battery lasts an impressive 25 minutes to spin a motor that provides 7 Kpa of suction.
The unit is a bit heavier than some of the other models, at nearly 5 pounds, but you will hardly notice as you watch the dirt disappear and the air easier to breathe. The Diek uses a two-stage filtration, with a reusable sponge filter and a secondary HEPA certified filter to reduce in-home allergens.
VonHaus 2 in 1 Corded Lightweight
Stick Vacuum Cleaner
- UPRIGHT & HANDHELD - Stick Vacuum Cleaner with 130 Air Watts of Suction Power. Can be used at full length or without the...
- BAGLESS VACUUM - 1.3L tank, easy to remove dust container: simply detach and empty the contents straight into the bin
- FILTRATION - the filtration system can lock in small particles, so that they don't re-circulate back into the air of...
The VonHaus entry has plenty to brag about. From its huge 1.3L collection bin to the multiple attachments, it will clean anything you put under the suction nozzle. The crevice tool is used for getting in hard to reach areas, while the small brush works wonders on upholstery and furniture.
If you need to clean overhead, you only need to attach the hose and lift the end instead of the entire unit. It also has a washable HEPA filter to reduce in-home allergens and provide you with a clean floor, no matter what it made of.
Shark Rocket Ultra-Light
Corded Bagless Vacuum
- Ultra lightweight At under 8 pounds, it converts into a hand vac for versatile floor to ceiling cleaning
- Home & Car Detail Kit Micro tools that clean the tiniest of spaces
- Fingertip controls to easily switch from hard floor to carpet
Shark enters the fray with a model that gives you plenty of wiggle room with the 25-foot power cord. It also provides more suction than most other vacuums, following Dyson’s top end motor design.
You can remove the stick and motor head or put it all together for a powerful and portable upright. The unit does weigh almost 8 pounds and has a 0.5L collection bin. However, once you use the vacuum, you will know where all the power lies. Emptying the bin is easy and doesn’t distract from the clean you receive.
BESTEK Corded Stick Vacuum Cleaner
You won’t stop often when using the Bestek. The 0.8L collection bin will hold more than a household worth of dust and dirt. You can keep on cleaning until the bin is full without ever losing a bit of suction.
The washable HEPA filtration keeps your home allergen free and the two in one design allows you to take it anywhere.
When you are done cleaning, you can store it in any position in any location and utilize either of the two cord storage hooks, so it always fits, tucked away ready for the next use.
Shark Navigator Freestyle Upright
Stick Cordless Bagless Vacuum
Shark enters the list a second time with the Navigator Freestyle. This cordless, bagless vacuum provides over 30 minutes of cleaning time on a 10-volt battery that recharges in less than 4 hours. You won’t have to worry about parts missing or getting lost, as this doesn’t convert to a hand held.
The easy swivel head and stiff bristle brush motor cleaning head, go under furniture, around table legs and in any position to reach all the dirt, dust and debris in your home.
What is it that you need to know when looking for the perfect stick vacuum for your home, needs, and abilities? We are glad you asked. Let’s cover a few of the items you need to consider when making a purchase.
Always number one. Your budget is a key to determining what is the best stick vacuum for you. While money will always play a role to some degree, you need to stick (no pun intended) to the vacuums you can afford without making other sacrifices.
If you go outside of your allowed range, you will end up resenting your purchase, being frustrated or worse.
There are two main types of stick vacuums: corded and cordless. Corded vacuums tend to offer more power at the brush roll and can pick up more debris in less time because of it. However, you are tethered to a certain cleaning area based on the length of the cord.
If you are not fond of stopping to change outlets as you move around the house, then you may want to invest in a cordless vacuum. While corded may be more powerful, it won’t be by much or for long. Advancements in battery technology grow by the day.
If you do choose cordless, you should pay attention to the battery size, life, and recharge rate. Each of these will be a factor in your overall clean.
If the battery isn’t large enough to cover your entire home, you will need to recharge before continuing. Let’s face it. You won’t want to start again when you stop, let alone four hours later.
The larger celled batteries will last longer and generally provide more power. Look at the milliamp hours (mAh) and don’t settle for anything less than 2600.
You also need to take into consideration the following:
- Collection bin capacity. This will determine how often you have to stop cleaning to empty the bin.
- Suction rating. Usually measured in pascals (pa), suction power is a decent (though not ultimate) measurement for suction power. The higher the pa reading, the better.
- Motor Speed and adjustment. Variable speed vacuums can take on more tasks, being gentle when needed and powerful when required.
- Weight. If you need to tote the thing around the house and up and down stairs or work overhead, you will want a lighter unit.
- Attachments. We all love them. Find the vacuum that will give you the most options for your money.
The absolute best vacuum for you is the one that works for you. Your floor types, your space and size floor plan are unlike any other in the world. What means the most to you will be how well a particular stick vacuum will work when you need it.
Finding that vacuum could be as simple as picking any on this list, or it may need more research into brands and specifications. Either way, when you make your purchase, you will know you have the right one, without regrets.