The 15 Best Walking Shoes for Flat Feet
Searching the perfect size of walking shoes is necessary to suit your type of foot structure. A flat foot is a common cause of overpronation that can affect both men and women. Flat feet (fallen arches) is a condition wherein the arches of the foot collapse. It causes the sole to come into complete contact with the ground. Overpronation causes your foot and knee to significantly roll inwards when your foot makes contact with the ground. It creates the whole weight to be burdened on the big toe as well as the other toes, causing foot pain.
Finding the proper fit and comfortable walking shoe is the most affordable and easiest way of aiding such pronation-related issues. Comfortable shoes for flat feet are generally incorporated with varied features like cushioning, arch support, stability, motion control, Orthotic inserts and flexibility to effectively assist people having flat feet and eventually heal this condition with time.
The best walking shoes for flat feet will precisely realign your heel and foot to a natural and balanced position for comfortable and supportive walking experience. Obstructive shoes might worsen the condition of flat feet by restricting its natural functioning and might cause problems like blisters, bunions, sores, etc.
Following are the reviews of the best walking shoes for flat feet that are specifically designed to provide relief and comfort to your flat feet.
What Are the Best Walking Shoes for Flat Feet?
15. Vionic Orthaheel Technology Men’s Walking Shoes:
Integrated with Active Motion System Technology, this Vionic Orthaheel Technology Walker for Men provides maximum comfort and reinforcement while walking. The removable Orthotic design has been influenced by a Podiatrist to offer better support and stability to your posture. It features an anti-bacterial fabric at the top to prevent foul-smelling of your foot. A flexible rubber outsole is highly durable and offers enhanced traction. Whereas a lightweight, meshed upper offers extreme breathability. This upper is made from finest quality of full-grain and water-resistant leather with action lacing design. The contoured arch support in the inbuilt foot-bed and a deep heel cup realigns your walk efficiently.
Mid-sole area (between the outsole and upper) is incorporated with shock-absorbing molded EVA (ethylene-vinyl acetate) for superior impact resistance. This midsole is elevated up to 0.5” for an even level of alignment all through the heel-to-toe strike zone. The mesh liner is made from 100% polyester with PU foam base for maximum ventilation and prevents the skin from over-sweating or instigating friction. The heel counter is made from thermoplastic material to offer secure support and steadiness. This design has received a seal of acceptance from APMA (American Podiatric Medical Association). These walking shoes for flat feet are offered in various color and size options; you can pick any as per your choice and convenience.
- The built-in footbed has contoured arch support to aid back pains and plantar fasciitis
- Orthotic support is removable; Podiatrist-designed
- Meshed upper provides good ventilation
- The midsole is elevated up to 0.5” for proper and smooth realignment
- Seal of acceptance from APMA
- Durable rubber outsole
- They might make squeaky noise after some time of repeated use
- Included shoelaces might be too short
- Imprecise sizing issues (not true to size)
14. JARLIF Canvas Breathable Walking Shoes for Women:
Made from Imported first-rate soft canvas, the JARLIF US6-10 Breathable Walking Shoe feature ‘fly weave design’ on the upper for maximum breathability and comfort, even for all-day long use. Rubber and PU made outsole provide fine protection and shock absorption with each step. Made from lace-up closure with four eyelets, JARLIF Canvas Walking Shoe gives a customized fit to your foot. Even in wet conditions, the water does not easily get into the shoes securing your foot effectively. There is back loop provided at the heel zone for easy and quick slip-on and slip-off of the shoe. The flex grooves on the bottom of the shoe provide a good amount of grip to the foot, even in slippery or wet surfaces.
Aesthetic looks of the JARLIF Canvas are very impressive and sportily stylish. It has been backed with a 100% money-back guarantee if for any reason you are unhappy with the purchase. The unique cloth weaving design and leather stitching of this women’s shoes provide comfy support, perfect for daily walking. The extended 5.5cm of heel design gives better stability while positioning your foot. The standard U-shaped design integrated with no-tie shoelaces allows easy and quick on and off. They are offered in 3 different lively colors for you to choose from. The design of this JARLIF Canvas Breathable Shoe is extremely flexible and compact making them an ideal choice to pack them up in the luggage bag while traveling.
- Lightweight, ventilated, comfortable ‘fly weave’ design
- Rubber and PU outsole offers fine shock-absorption
- Lace-up closure with no-tie laces for easy on/off
- 100% money-back guarantee
- Aesthetically remarkable and sporty looks
- Flex grooves on the bottom offer enhanced traction and stability
- Insole might wear away soon
- No arch support
13. Propet Stability Walker Shoes for Men:
Propet Stability Walker Shoes has a flexible leather upper that features a rocker profile for easy positioning of strides. It has action lacing system with D-rings for quick and easy fastening and a customized fit. The perforations on the upper allow better breathability to your foot without accumulating moisture. Lightweight molded EVA midsole has shock absorption properties and provides cushioning to your feet while walking. The rubber outsole has a multi-directional tread-patterned bottom to deliver enhanced traction on any surfaces.
The internal heel counter provided in the Propet Stability Walker gives additional support to the ankle and helps to stabilize your walk. On the other hand, the external heel counter, arch support, and wide sole base give an extreme amount of support to your foot. The cushioned orthotic can be removed for accommodating a custom-made orthotic. Synthetic-made sole, padded collar, padded tongue, and brushed nylon lining are provided for high durability and precise fit. Reflective trim is designed to provide better visibility in darker areas; you can safely go for a walk at nights or early in the morning. There are offered in a variety of colors with narrow, medium and extra-wide size options as well.
- Internal and external heel counter gives high stability
- Lightweight molded EVA absorbs shocks and cushions your feet
- Rubber outsole with tread patterns gives improved traction
- The removable orthotic insole is cushioned
- Padded collar and tongue for customized fit
- Offered in varied colors and different width sizes
- Sole might wear out after repeated use
- Might feel too heavy for some
12. Vionic Endurance Walker for Men:
Vionic Men’s Endurance Walker features Orthaheel Supportive Technology to give enhanced support and comfort to your feet, even if worn all day long. Made from leather upper, the Endurance Walker has synthetic panels with mesh design for maximum ventilation and comfort of your feet. This full-grain leather upper is water-resistant to sustain its posture in wet conditions. Podiatrist-influenced biomechanical orthotic insole prevents any kind of bacteria formation and keeps the shoe environment free from bad odor. This insole can be removed for your suitability and can be inserted with your custom-made orthotic. Molded EVA lightweight midsole give ample amount of cushioning and shock absorption, further reducing the stress from ankles, knees, and heels. Fully rubber outsole is flexible and lightweight with tread-patterned design at the bottom for improved traction at each step on any surface conditions.
Vionic Endurance Walker has a lace-up type of closure for an easy and customized fit. The deep heel cup supports the ankle and realigns your foot to a natural and more balanced posture. Endurance Walker has APMA (American Podiatric Medical Association) seal of acceptance and highly aids the overpronation condition of people with a high arch type of feet. The First Ray Technology incorporated in the Endurance Walker allows flexible forefoot functioning and gait efficiency. It has been clinically proven to effectively aid plantar fasciitis, heel pain, and knee aches.
Additionally, it has been recommended by well-known M.D. Dr. Andrew Weil. For quick and easy cleaning, you can wipe the Endurance Walker with a wet cloth. The heel measures about 1.5” approximately for improved stability.
- APMA seal of acceptance
- Clinically proven to relieve knee and heel pains and plantar fasciitis
- Deep heel cup improves posture, gives a natural position to the foot
- Biomechanical orthotic insole keeps feet clean, dry and healthy
- Molded EVA midsole offers good shock-absorption
- Rubber outsole with tread patterns provides enhanced traction
- Sole might wear away after repeated use; poor-quality
- Stitching on the upper might come off after some time
11. Vionic Walker Classic Shoes for Women:
Vionic offers this Walker Classic Women’s Shoes that features full grain leather and mesh upper to provide maximum aeration and comfort to the foot. The footbed prevents any kind of friction against your skin and precisely realigns your ankle and foot to a natural state.
Vionic Orthaheel Walker Sneakers have a water-resistant upper design to fight wet weather conditions. Influenced by Podiatrist, the biomechanical orthotic can be removed and has excellent antibacterial properties. This product has APMA (American Podiatric Medical Association) seal of acceptance. The heel counter system features a firm thermoplastic for added support and better stability. The collar and tongue are padded for a comfortable and precise fit. The polyester upper lining with mesh design does not accumulate moisture, and the PU foam base offers additional comfort.
- Midsole, heel system and motion control footbed gives good arch support
- Water-resistant, moisture-wicking leather, and mesh upper design
- Molded EVA midsole is shock absorbent
- Heel counter system provides good support and stability
- APMA seal of acceptance
- Podiatrist-designed, biomechanical orthotic
- Leather might wear away after some time
- Heels might seem of poor quality
10. Skechers Performance Go Walk 4 Exceed Lace-Up Sneakers:
No products found.
No products found.
Made from Textile and Synthetic material, this Skechers Performance Walk 4 Exceed Shoes have innovative and highly responsive 5th Generation lightweight cushioning in the midsole for better support. New Goga Max bamboo lined insole features high bounce-back properties and ample cushioning for precise positioning of each step. This insole does not entertain any bacteria as well as foul-odor. Soft layered Mesh upper and virtually seamless design offers a comfortable, breathable and precise fit to the user. Skechers Go Walk 4 Exceed has 3D layer lace-up type of closure with four eyelets and padded tongue for a customized fit. The exclusive Goga Pillars reinforced on rubber outsole cushions your every step and provided a smooth transition.
Designed with a tapered midfoot, this Go Walk 4 Exceed provides enhanced arch support to flat feet. The 1.25” heel offers adequate support and stability to the ankle. Side panels too have air mesh design for maximum ventilation throughout and are contrasted with fabric underlays for aesthetic looks. Mesh upper has synthetic overlays at lace and heel areas for better durability. Lightweight insole easily adapts to the foot while walking. On both sides, the Skechers logo has been displayed with pride. There is a small portal in the heel provided for quick and easy pull-on wear of the shoe.
- Multi-directional patterns at the bottom for enhanced traction
- Goga pillars at the bottom for cushioning of every step
- Fabric and synthetic upper with layered mesh design offers breathability
- Synthetic overlays at lace and heel areas for stability and durability
- Exclusive Goga Max foamed insole for superior cushioning
- 5GEN midsole cushioning offers high bounce-back
- Might not be suitable for keen walkers
- Toe boxes might run too narrow for some
9. RYKA Women’s Sport Walker 6 Shoes:
Made from a synthetic material, the RYKA Women’s Sports Walker 6 features a highly supportive and durable design for avid walkers. Designed with mesh lined and leather upper, this shoe offers supreme breathability and comfort to your feet. The durable injection-molded EVA midsole and the rubber outsole give excellent traction properties and flexibility while walking. RYKA Sports Walker 6 has a lace-up type of closure with six standard grommets. The precision-return insole provides ample amount of cushioning and softness to your feet, ideal for people with a normal arch type of foot. This insole is removable as well, to accommodate Orthotic for your suitability.
RYKA Sports Walker 6 features Defender treatment by Scotchguard with water-resistant and stain-resistant properties to keep your foot in a clean, dry and healthy state. With just 8 ounces of weight, this Sports Walker 6 will be extremely comfortable to walk in. They are offered in 5 different color combinations; you can pick any as per your choice. The collar and tongue are padded for a comfortable and precise fit.
- Lightweight and breathable design due to mesh and leather upper
- EVA midsole offers great comfort and support
- Rubber outsole is highly durable
- The removable precision-return insole can accommodate Orthotic
- Lace-up closure allows a precise fit
- Lacks arch support
- Might run too narrow
8. ASICS GEL-Tech Neo 4 Walking Shoe for Women:
Made from Synthetic, this ASICS GEL-Tech Neo 4 women’s Walking Shoes features padded tongue and collar with mesh lining and Gel cushioning to provide maximum comfort and ventilation to the users’ feet. Unique SoLyte foamed midsole is extremely lightweight and durable for improved cushioning. ComforDry sockliner provided here has impressive bounce-back, ventilated and moisture-wicking properties. ASICS GEL-Tech Neo 4 has a seal of acceptance from APMA (American Podiatric Medical Association). AHAR (ASICS High Abrasion Rubber) has been reinforced in stress points of the outsole for high durability. The stretched material on the upper provides biomorphic fit and reduces irritation.
The Ortholite Sockliner prevents generation of bacteria or bad odor and offers comfy feel to your foot. The sole exclusive design has Duomax and Trusstic technologies integrated to provide better support and stability at each step. Midfoot stabilizer forms a pocket between the Trusstic System device and the midsole for superior motion control and flexible functioning of your foot. GEL units reinforced within the rearfoot and forefoot zones allows comfortable wear all day long and effectively absorbs shocks. IGS (impact guidance system) is the design philosophy behind ASICS construction that encourages foot’s natural gait throughout heel-to-toe strike zone. PHF (Personalized Heel Fit) features two layers of memory foam lined in the collar to give a personalized fit to your heel.
- Duomax support system features dual-density midsole for better support and stability
- Breathable mesh upper, padded tongue, and collar with GEL cushioning
- Upper design provides biomorphic fit
- Removable Sockliner can accommodate Orthotic
- AHAR reinforced in the outsole offers high durability
- SoLyte midsole cushioning system is lightweight and durable
- 3M reflectivity design for better visibility in low-light settings
- Arch support might be insufficient to some
- Might be uncomfortable for wider feet
7. Saucony Grid Omni Walker Shoe for Women:
Women’s Saucony Omni Walker Shoes feature exclusive Grid System Technology to support and make your feet comfortable at each step. Made from leather and textile, this Grid Omni Walker has been approved by SADMERC (Statistical Analysis Durable Medical Equipment Regional Carrier) and meets all its requirements. The HRC (High Rebound Compound) cushioning features molded EVA/rubber compound integrated into the midsole and midfoot support bridge has been provided for better shock absorption, compression-resistance, flexibility and cushioning. HRC Strobel Board is a layer of HRC reinforced all throughout the length of the shoe below the sockliner to provide maximum comfort to the user.
Saucony Grid Omni Walker has a lace-up type of closure with six grommets and meshed tongue designed for better ventilation and precise fit. The sole has been precisely engineered to be asymmetrical, delivering an efficient biomechanical fit while you walk, further aiding plantar fasciitis. Walk Trac Patented Outsole design made from Tough XT-900 carbon Rubber provides excellent traction and high durability to the user. The Grid System designed at the rear of the shoe provides superior cushioning and stability to your ankle to help proper positioning of your foot. The exclusive SRC Crash Zone incorporated at the heel absorbs shocks and offers better traction control. The finest-quality of sockliner and Walk Trac outsole together allows smooth transition throughout the full length of the shoe. On each side of the shoe, the Saucony logo has been shown.
- Platform measures 0” from the ground; the heel is not elevated from the ground which aids plantar fasciitis
- The asymmetrically designed sole gives a biomechanical fit to relieve plantar fasciitis
- Patented Walk Trac Outsole offers supreme traction and durability
- HRC cushioning with HRC Strobel Board provides maximum comfort and support
- SADMERC approval
- Rearfoot grid system provides heel stability
- Might make squeaky noises
- Leather might wear out after some time
6. Propet Life Walker Strap Sneakers for Men:
With no lace-up system whatsoever, this Propet Life Walker Sneakers feature 2 Velcro straps for quick and easy closure. Extremely comfortable to wear, Life Walker has a flexible full-grain leather upper with perforated design and tonal stitching for maximum breathability. The anti-slip rubber outsole provides high durability and excellent traction while walking. The lightweight midsole has been incorporated with molded EVA for better shock-absorption and support to the foot, further reducing fatigue. Heel counter has been extended with built-in contoured heel stabilizer to precisely position and supports your feet with each step. The design of the shoe has rocker profile to it for easy strides and superior lateral support provided for comfortable all day use.
Propet Life Walker Strap Sneakers have foam cushioned removable EVA insole with brushed nylon lining to provide superior comfort, arch support, aeration and avoids accumulation of moisture. The tongue and collar are both fully padded for better stability and a secure fit. These sneakers are perfect to be worn on a daily basis for walking and provide optimum protection to your feet. The design, however, tends to run small. So, Propet recommends purchasing a ½ size larger than your usual size. It is offered in 3 color options and different widths; you can pick according to your preference.
- Padded collar and tongue for better protection
- Rocker profile allows easy strides
- 2 Adjustable Velcro Straps
- Foam cushioned removable EVA orthotic offers great arch support
- Lightweight EVA midsole provides sufficient shock absorption
- Supple leather upper with perforated design maximizes breathability
- Runs very narrow at toe area, might be uncomfortable
- Velcro Straps might rip away after some time
5. Onemix Men’s Air Cushion Sport Running Shoes:
No products found.
No products found.
Onemix introduces this Men’s Air Cushion Sport Running Shoes featuring exceptionally lightweight, breathable and comfortable design. Onemix is one of the leading Chinese brands that offer high-quality shoes without using any glues or threads while manufacturing. The PU foam cushioned anti-slip sole is incorporated into the shoe for better support and stability while walking. The bottom has Bionic octopus grip sole design that provides great traction while walking. Onemix Sports Running Shoes comes all-included with free, high-quality Onemix socks and extra shoelaces as a bonus. The soft and deodorized insole is breathable and does not accumulate any kind of foul smell.
Onemix Air Cushion Running Shoes features a colorful stretched cotton 3D woven upper for maximum ventilation. The midsole is made from MD (dual foam EVA) and Natural Rubber to offer high durability and reinforcement to the user. This pair of shoes is backed with three months of the warranty period for best after-sales support. The aesthetic look of these shoes is extremely stylish and striking; can be used for regular walking or running as well. It has a traditional lace-up type of closure at the front with standard six grommets for better fastening. All these great features are provided at an affordable price with a high-quality build.
- Bionic Octopus Grip on rubber outsole offers supreme traction
- Aesthetically looks very vibrant; offered in various color options
- Cushioned, anti-slip sole provides stability and support
- Free Onemix socks and extra shoelaces provided
- Deodorized, soft and breathable insole; durable MD+ Rubber midsole
- Knitted upper allows better ventilation
- Might not provide excessive arch support
- Size might run too small
4. Propet Travelwalker II Walking Shoe for Women:
Ideal for outdoor walking on a daily basis as well as in the woods, this Propet Travelwalker II Shoe looks extremely stylish, cool, and has lots of vibrant colors for you to choose from. It has lace-up closure at front with elastic laces, pull-on loops and toggle guard for quick, secure and easy fastening. The nylon air mesh upper with padded collar is integrated with a toe and heel cap made from synthetic leather at front and back for better resistance against abrasion. This lightweight mesh upper design ensures breathability and keeps the shoe environs dry and healthy.
A fabric lining and cushioned insole provide maximum comfort and support to the user while walking. The Rubber outsole offers supreme traction and steadiness while walking. The exclusive DriStep Flexible Technology features a bamboo charcoal insole to provide maximum comfort and ventilation to your feet. The shoe bottom has a wave-patterned design for a firm grip on regular and slippery surfaces as well. The design of Propet Travelwalker II does not allow the buildup of disgusting odor. The heel has around 1 inch of height and lightweight EVA midsole for better stability. This pair of shoes is offered at a fairly reasonable price. The best aspect of Propet Travelwalker II Walking Shoe is that it has been backed with 1000-mile/6 months of sole wear guarantee, which is certainly a perk.
- Adjustable elastic laces provide a comfortable fit; offered in various widths
- Mesh upper and padded collar offer breathability and comfort
- Lightweight and flexible design; can be packed into suitcases for traveling
- Toe and heel cap are abrasion-resistant
- DriStep Technology-Bamboo charcoal insole provide supreme comfort
- Insole design does not accumulate nasty odor
- Might not be suitable for people seeking great arch support
- Might not be ideal to be worn in wet conditions
3. Aleader Women’s Slip-on Water Shoes:
Aleader introduces this Women’s Slip-on Mesh Water shoes, perfect for any water sports or other activities like river walking. Made from breathable and highly durable air mesh upper, it provides ample ventilation to the foot to avoid infections caused by sweating or dampness. Water grain outsole offers excellent traction while walking on any damp and slippery surfaces. The ComforDry sockliner cushions your feet efficiently without moistening it, further upholding a dry, healthier and cooler environment. Constructed from durable fabric, Aleader Slip-on shoe provides you with an ample amount of comfort, breathability, and lightweight design. They are offered in several lively colors; take your pick.
An extremely lightweight and unique Solyte midsole is durable and provides adequate bounce-back. There are holes provided on the sole for better aeration and quick drying of the shoes. Breathable RB/EVA outsole with articulated flex grooves provides luxurious comfort and flexibility to the user. Aleader Slip-on Water Shoes can be used for walking on a regular basis or while traveling as well. When your foot becomes wet due to water activities, the midfoot webbing system and mesh upper ensures rapid drying, furthermore provides a supportive and adaptable fit to it, even when wet. Aleader Water Shoes don’t call for any additional care or protection, hence, is low-maintenance. All these features are provided at an affordable price, which is an additional benefit.
- Can be used for water sports as well as daily walking
- Greater traction due to water grain outsole
- Breathable, comfortable and lightweight design
- Solyte midsole has excellent bounce-back properties
- Mesh upper, and midfoot webbing system quickly dries off the feet and shoes
- ComforDry sockliner offers finest cushioning and support
- They might run a bit small; not true to size
- Debris, sand, pebbles might get trapped in the sole
2. Brooks Men’s Addiction Walking Shoes:
Made from leather material, this Brooks Addiction Walking Shoes for Men has been reinforced with sufficient arch support to aid and comfort your low arches and overpronation. The Addiction Walker features a durable and advanced MoGo midsole cushioning at full length for a soft feeling and better stability while walking. Made from flexible full-grain leather upper, Brooks Walking Shoes has a slip-resistant outsole for better traction and high durability. The cushioned tongue has been partially sewed to avoid struggling with your feet while walking. They are offered in half sizes, which is certainly a bonus. They come in 3 different colors for you to select from.
Addiction Walker is incorporated with HydroFlow technology that features the midsole cushioning and strategic placement of dynamic gooey fluids in the heel and forefoot area for premium shock absorption. Precisely Engineered MC Pod Configuration allows the midsole and outsole to efficiently and steadily position your feet all the way from heel-to-toe area delivering precise motion control and flexibility. This feature will highly benefit people with flat feet issues. The Extended Progressive Diagonal Rollbar (PDRB) integrated here is a dual density of arch support provided for excellent motion control and relieving overpronation. It lowers the risk of back, heel and knee aches.
- Offers excellent motion control and arch support
- MC Pod Configuration ensures balanced positioning of your foot
- HydroFlow Technology provides support and superior shock absorption
- Full grain leather upper is highly durable and comfortable
- Innovative MoGo midsole cushioning provides great stability at each step
- Slip-resistant outsole provides better traction
- Looks might not feel so appealing; just 3 color options provided
- Sole might feel too stiff and non-flexible
1. Reebok Women’s Skyscape Walking Shoes:
To provide maximum comfort to your feet, Reebok offers this Skyscape Runaround Walking Shoes that is integrated with Skyspring supportive comfort technology. This technology features a lightweight design with just 5 ounces of weight and unique structural design of the shoes to provide enhanced support and stability. However, this lightweight design does not compromise the cushioning of the sole. Sole is amply cushioned to provide maximum protection and shock absorption. It has minimal rubber accents, merely where it’s obligatory, to provide better traction while you walk. The seamless structure of the shoes does not cause friction against skin or any sort of irritation. Molded upper is made from fabric that is foam-cushioned for comfortable support and high flexibility. The rubber sole gives much-needed firmness and stability to the user.
Reebok Skyscape Walking Shoes can be easily machine-washed; the foam-cushioned upper will not lose its shape. It has front lacing system as a closure for an impeccable fit with six eyelets provided. They can be worn all day long with comfort and ease. The heel is flat with no built-up counter whatsoever, and the sole is approximately 1 inch tall. This sole is extremely flexible underneath the toe region to provide ease with each progressing step, making it the best walking shoes for flat feet women’s. The midsole has uniform realignment from the heel-to-toe area for better support. Made from a foam material, the insole is removable for user’s suitability. Even if you do not wear socks inside, the padded foam collar at the ankle area makes it very comfortable to wear. They are offered in different funky colors; you can pick any as per your choice.
- Synthetic fabric and durable rubber sole holds its shape, even if gets wet
- Weighs only 5 ounces, extremely comfortable with ample cushioning
- Rubber sole offers enhanced traction
- They can be machine-washed due to foam upper
- Seamless molded upper design
- Padded foam collar at the ankle area for better support and stability
- Arch support might be unsatisfactory for some
- Might not fit very wide feet
Ultimate Buying Guide to Select Best Walking Shoe for Flat Feet:
How to Choose Best Walking Shoes for Flat Feet?
Overpronation is a condition where the foot tends to roll inside considerably while walking, further burdening the pressure on the big toe and subsequent toe. This makes it difficult for your heel and ankle to sustain the posture or balance your walk. It reduces the ability of your foot to absorb shocks. Mostly found in people with flat-arched feet, this condition might also be seen in people with weak leg muscles or bent gait. Overpronation generally instigates heel and back pains.
On the other hand, underpronation is a condition where foot rolls inward at less than 15%, further burdening the whole weight on small outer toes. Such a condition might lead to knee pains eventually.
As a solution, there are different types of shoes available to aid such pronation-related disorders. It is advisable to wear the most comfortable walking shoes for flat feet to support your flat feet suitably; if not, the wrong ones might worsen the condition.
Unsupportive footwear such as high heels, safety boots, and flat shoes can contribute to flat feet or plantar fasciitis. They can cause overpronation of the foot, wherein the arches collapse and feet roll over and elongate. This puts excessive strain on muscles, ligaments, and nerves in the foot. The bones in the foot unlock and cause the foot to roll inward. It worsens with every footstep, stretching the plantar fascia and causing pain and inflammation near the heel bone. The plantar fascia is a band of tissue (ligament) which connects the heel bone to the toes.
Types of Walking Shoes for Flat feet:
- Motion Control Shoes: The motion control featured shoe has a thick midsole provided to support the ankle precisely, further preventing it from rolling inward. Shoes with motion control aspect are heavyweight, made from hard materials and have high durability. Some of them are also provided with removable orthotics for better suitability. Motion control shoes effectively help the condition of overpronation and flat feet.
- Cushioned Shoes: Ample amount of cushioning provided in the walking shoes helps people with the underpronation condition having a high arch. It has shock absorption properties with the maximum flexibility provided to cushion your feet efficiently.
- Stability Shoes: The main aspect to seek in stability shoes is the raised foam cushioning on the insole of the shoe, especially beneath the high arch area. Heel stabilizer incorporated in the shoe supports the ankle to precisely position your feet with each step taken. Such types of shoes have good heel counter and ample amount of sole cushioning compared to the regular sneakers but less than motion control shoes. It can help people with normal arch having neutral pronation; can be worn all day long comfortably.
Features to Look for in Best Walking Shoe for Flat Feet:
- Wide Width: Many a time, walking shoe manufacturers disregard the fact that everybody has different widths of a foot. Design of a walking shoe with a narrow width or narrow toe area might worsen the state of flat feet and end up causing other problems like blisters, swollen foot, etc. due to squeezing of the foot. Make sure to look for a pair of shoes with a toe box that is amply wide.
- Breathability and Durability: Regardless of any weather condition, walking activities tend to cause sweating. Ventilated walking shoes that have some kind of unique design with perforation or air meshed upper allows better breathability and creates a cool, dry and healthy environment in the shoes. Breathable design allows you to comfortably wear them all day long without any inconvenience or buildup of bacteria and nasty odor. But with that said, the material used to construct walking shoes must be amply hard and durable to sustain its shape even in wet conditions. Look for the high-quality built and cushioned sole; see whether the shoes have proper reinforcements at stress points.
- Flexibility: The sufficient amount of flexibility allows easy functioning of your flat feet or fallen arches, without constricting the motion while wearing the walking shoe. Excessively rigid sole will limit the movement of your foot and can cause infection or soreness. Whereas, extreme flexibility will not provide much-needed security and support to your feet. So, make sure to look for a pair of walking shoes that has a flexible toe box, not too loose, not too tight.
- Aesthetic Look: The walking shoes must be able to complement your outfit well, or else too huge or unattractive shoes will kill your whole look and will be awkward to wear. There are many brands out there that provide a variety of funky colors and cool designs instead of just plain bulky walking shoe. You can choose any as per your type of application and use.
- Arch Support: The most desired thing in the walking shoe for flat feet is great arch support. With this the flat feet will be effectively supported, aiding the strain caused on tendons and ligaments of your foot. Many walking shoe manufacturers specifically design shoes to address plantar fasciitis and overpronation disorders.
- Removable Insole: Orthotics is utilized to uniformly distribute the weight and pressure over your foot as well as provides utmost arch support while you walk. You can easily remove insole and place custom-made orthotics for better support and stability.
- Price: The motion control and stability shoes are expensive as compared to other athletic shoes or fashionable shoes. Due to the unique upper and sole design integrated within the shoe, these shoes deliver better impact-resistance, cushioning and stiff outsole. So all these feature-packed walking shoes will come with a hefty price tag. Look for the one that suits your requirements and budget best.
- Stiff Outsole: Outsole material must be constructed from a hard material for high durability and better traction. As they effectively support the midsole and insole structure, the stiffness of outsole highly matters in the design of walking shoe.
Difference between Men’s and Women’s Walking Shoes for flat feet:
It is clear that men and women both have differently structured feet that will certainly demand specific requirements from walking shoes designed for flat feet. Some of the aspects to consider while purchasing men’s or women’s walking shoes are as follows:
- Women’s Walking Shoe- Narrow heels: The very first visible difference between the walking shoes of men and women are their width and profile. The women’s walking shoes generally run narrower around the heel area and gradually widens across the toe zone.
- Meanwhile, men’s shoes – have a large-sized design with ample amount of width provided due to the naturally wide structure of men’s feet.
- Men’s Walking Shoe- Thick Cushioning: Materials used to design walking shoes for men and women are different. Men’s shoes are made from heavier materials and might look bulky compared to the lightweight design of women’s walking shoes. Women generally have less weight compared to men; therefore, the midsole material used in women’s shoe will be comparatively smooth and lightweight. This directly or indirectly affects the support, comfort, and fit of the shoe. Men’s shoes usually are provided with thicker cushioning for better weight distribution and shock-absorption.
- Women’s Walking Shoe- Enhanced Motion Control: Commonly, women tend to have wider hips compared to men, which is why they are more prone to face pronation-related disorders. The midsole, insole and outsole materials used in the construction of walking shoes for men and women might be different considering the amount of arch support needed for both types of shoes. Women’s shoes are backed with greater motion control and stability features than in men’s shoes for a balanced and precise positioning of their feet with each progressive step.
Final Review of the Best Walking Shoes for Flat Feet
In conlusion, all the above mentioned best walking shoes for flat feet offers different features and similarly comes with different price tags. The Reebok Women’s Skyscape Walking Shoes is the best walking shoes for women with flat feet due to its extremely lightweight design with a weight of just 5 ounces, which is lacking in any other mentioned shoes. Padded foam collar at ankle area gives better support to the foot. Seamless foam molded upper design can be machine-washed, which is certainly a perk. The rubber sole and synthetic material hold their shape even when damp.
Another favorite one from the list is Brooks Men’s Addiction Walking Shoes, the best walking shoes for men with flat feet featuring excellent motion control and arch support to your flat feet. Additionally, the exclusive MC Pod Configuration balances the posture of your foot efficiently. HydroFLow Technology integrated here has superior shock-absorption properties. Full-grain flexible leather upper offers high durability and comfort. Advanced MoGo midsole cushioning provides much-needed stability to your flat feet.
Propet Travelwalker II Shoe
Propet Travelwalker II Shoe is also quite impressive with its nylon air mesh upper design, fabric lining, rubber outsole, and EVA midsole. Hence, the innovative DriStep Flexible Technology integrates a bamboo charcoal insole to highly ventilate your foot and keep them healthy, dry and free from unpleasant smell. The best part about them is that they are backed with 1000-mile/6 months of sole wear guarantee, which is absent in any other mentioned walking shoes.
Last update on 2021-06-17 at 08:26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API