10+ Best Woks
For those who like to cook and also love Asian cuisine, a wok is an essential kitchen tool. Woks feature a unique design that facilitates the quick-cooking action necessary to make delicious Asian stir-fry dishes.
While woks were once a rare sight in American kitchens, today the market for woks is brimming with great options. Finding the best wok can be a challenge. Below you’ll see our ten favorite woks and a few close runners-up. Plus, we have a buyer’s guide to help you find the perfect wok to add to your kitchen.
How We Choose Our Ratings
When it comes to kitchen equipment, we know that you want durable items that work well because we do too. That’s why we’ve carefully chosen each of the pans on our list. All of the containers on our list are made out of sturdy materials, feature high-quality design, and will make cooking stir fry a breeze.
To help you find the best wok for your household, each wok has a rating out of five stars. Products with the best scores are at the top of the list, but all of these woks are winners. Plus, there are so many great choices on the market today that we’ve included a few bonus pans to give you even more inspiration.
14 Inches Carbon Steel Wok with Helper Handle
5 out of 5
Wok Pan with Premium Lid and Bonus Bamboo Spatula
5 out of 5
Joyce Chen Pro Chef Wok Uncoated Carbon Steel, 14-inch
4.9 out of 5
Lodge P14W3 Seasoned Cast Iron Wok, 14 inch
4.9 out of 5
Traditional Hand Hammered Carbon Steel Pow Wok
4.8 out of 5
4.8 out of 5
4.7 out of 5
4.6 out of 5
4.6 out of 5
4.5 out of 5
Top 10 Best Woks
Here you’ll find our absolute favorite woks. Each of these pans will make a great stir fry and last a long time if cared for properly. Plus, each wok on this list comes with excellent customer reviews.
- Made with heavy 14-gauge carbon steel wok
- Flat bottom can sit directly on electric stove or grills
- Wooden side spool handle allow full command of the wok
Don’t let the simplicity of this wok deceive you. This carbon steel pan is perfectly sized for home use and built to last. It features a flat bottom and two wooden handles giving you complete control over your stir-fry technique.
Customer reviews for this product are overwhelmingly positive. Users especially love how sturdy this particular model is. Additionally, the instructions that come with this wok make seasoning a breeze.
Because this pan features carbon steel, it is essential that users dry this pan completely when they wash it. Otherwise, rust will appear. All in all this pan is an excellent choice for anyone looking for an excellent stir-fry experience. We give it five stars.
- HEATS QUICKLY & EVENLY: Adapted from a traditional cast iron round-bottom wok, our 13-inch large wok offers a wide &...
- HEAVY DUTY & EASY TO CLEAN: Premium chef-quality & made with a 3-layer design comprised of rust-resistant, food-safe...
- BONUS DOME LID & BAMBOO SPATULA INCLUDED: Coming with your 13-inch diameter, 4 lb stainless steel wok are 2 BONUS items:...
From Willow and Everett comes this beautiful stainless steel wok. Made with high quality, brushed stainless steel. Unlike some stainless steel woks, this pan is heavyweight and durable. Plus, it features an aluminum core to improve heating times. This 13-inch wok is large enough to feed a family and will work with any stove.
Customers love that this product is both dishwasher and oven safe. Also, the brushed stainless steel finish looks timeless in any kitchen. The only complaints with this wok involved cases of manufacturing defects. And from what we can tell, the customer service team behind this pan is top notch. We give this wok five stars.
- Flat bottom wok with a 14-inch diameter; ideal for electric or gas ranges
- Constructed of heavy gauge carbon steel; 2.0 mm professional weight
- Ergonomic Phenolic handle fits comfortably and stays cool
If you are looking for a simple carbon steel wok, this product of Joyce Chen is an excellent option. It is available with either a flat or rounded bottom and features heavy gauge carbon steel. Plus, the two handles on this wok are ergonomic and designed to stay cool throughout the cooking process.
It’s worth noting that this carbon steel pan comes uncoated and users must season it before using. Also, like other carbon steel pans, this wok should is not dishwasher safe. In fact, the instructions advise using only hot water to clean this product.
Customers love that this pan is more durable than other carbon steel woks on the market today. But, some users say that the handles break easily. All in all, if you’re willing to put in the work of caring for this product, it’s an excellent fit for you. We give it 4.9 stars.
- 14 Inch Seasoned Cast Iron Wok. The Lodge Cast Iron Wok weighs 11.86 lbs and is made of 100% cast iron, which retains...
- SEASONED COOKWARE. A good seasoning makes all the difference. Lodge seasons its cookware with 100% vegetable oil; no...
- MADE IN THE USA. Lodge has been making cast iron cookware in South Pittsburg, Tennessee (pop. 3,300) since 1896. With...
Lodge is a well-known purveyor of cast iron goods, and as such, it comes as no surprise that they have a wok in their line of kitchen products. This large wok is excellent for those who enjoy the labor of love that comes with cast iron pans. However, it’s worth noting that this pan weighs a whopping 14 pounds making it a bit difficult to maneuver.
Customers love the high-quality materials that Lodge uses in all of their products. Plus the flat-bottom of this pan make it great for any range. Reviews of this product are almost exclusively positive. However, some people don’t enjoy seasoning this pan after each use. But, if you’re familiar with cast iron pans, this wok is an excellent choice. We give it 4.9 stars.
- 15 gauge (1.8mm) carbon steel, commercial grade. Original design by Craft Wok since 2014, proven quality over the years.
- Traditional chinese wok pan with round bottom: not suitable for flat electric or flat induction stove. Do not forget to...
- Hand hammered by Chinese professionals in Guangzhou. This wok is the proven choice of many professional Chinese chefs.
If you are looking for a rustic design and authentic stir-fry flavor, this wok will satisfy both of your needs. This pan has a carbon steel body and is hand hammered by professionals in China. While this wok is an excellent choice for home cooks with gas-powered stoves, its round bottom will not work well with electric ranges.
Customers love the authentic feel of this stunning traditional wok. But, some are less than pleased by the necessary seasoning process inherent with this pan. Still, customer reviews are overwhelmingly positive. And, with a little patience and care, this pan will produce excellent Asian stir-frys for years to come.
We love how authentic this pan is, but due to its intense seasoning process, we give it 4.8 stars.
- Sturdy base keeps the wok steady on the stovetop
- Pre-seasoned and ready for immediate use
- Can be used on any stovetop: electric, gas, induction; can also be used in the oven
For those looking for an affordable wok that will last for years, this model from Bruntmor is an excellent choice. This company works to balance traditional cast iron techniques and modern innovations to bring the best of the best to market. This wok comes pre-seasoned and “ready to use,” but it will require maintenance to maintain the naturally non-stick surface.
Unlike other cast iron woks, this model has wide handles making it easier to maneuver during the stir-fry cooking process. Plus this wok has a flat bottom making it an excellent choice for any range (electric, gas, or induction). Customers love how durable this pan is, but some dislike the maintenance that comes with cast iron.
Overall, this is a high-quality wok that will last for ages. We give it 4.8 stars.
- Heavy gauge aluminum construction ensures even heating and is hard anodized for durability It also makes it dishwasher...
- Interior includes 3 layers of nonstick coating ,two layers provide durability and the third layer offers easy release...
- The long, brushed stainless steel handles are designed to stay cool on the stove top; Pans and covers are also oven...
Expertly mixing contemporary design with traditional cooking methods, this nonstick wok from Calphalon is a boon to any kitchen. This pan features hard-anodized aluminum to ensure quick and even heating every time you use it. Plus it has three layers of non-stick coating to make clean up simple.
This pan is dishwasher safe and can go in the oven for finishing dishes. Unlike traditional woks, this pan has a flat-bottomed surface making it an excellent choice for both gas and electric ranges. Customers love how easy this pan to use and that it is incredibly versatile. Some users have noted difficulty when heating this pan. We give it 4.7 stars.
- Easy-to-use electric wok with a durable stainless-steel body
- 1500W heating element; aluminum-clad base for fast, even heating
- Side loop handles; tempered-glass cover with stainless-steel rim & handle
Unlike the other woks on this list, this model from Presto uses electricity and is not dependent on a particular kind of range. The body of this pan features heavy duty stainless steel, and it comes with a tempered glass lid. This wok will reach 400° Fahrenheit making it great for cooking stir-frys.
The electric cord for this product detaches easily making this pan dishwasher safe. Customers enjoy how large this wok is and that they can clean it easily. However, some customers complain that this pan does not heat evenly. The Presto customer service team is incredibly responsive and ready to solve any problems that come up. 4.6 stars.
- Large capacity for cooking family size meals
- Superior nonstick interior and exterior make it easy to cook and clean; Healthy cooking results with minimal oils or fat
- Aluminum construction for fast and even heat distribution
For those who enjoy easy clean up after cooking, this nonstick wok from T-fal is an excellent choice. The nonstick coating featured on this model allows users to make healthier meals using less oil. Plus, this pan is oven-safe up to 350° Fahrenheit and dishwasher safe.
Customers enjoy that this pan is a true hybrid between traditional woks and Western frying pans. The pan’s aluminum body allows for quick and even heating and lightweight construction. As a bonus, this large pan will easily make 4-6 servings at a time making it an excellent tool for weekly meal prep.
While reviews for this pan are overwhelmingly positive, it’s worth noting that some customers find its low heat rating disappointing. And, because of its aluminum construction, this pan can warp if not cared for properly. All in all, we give it 4.5 stars.
- 13-inch wok made of 18/10 stainless steel with aluminum core
- Solid stainless-steel riveted handles stay cooler with air-flow technology
- Secure-fitting stainless-steel dome lid traps in heat and moisture
This stainless steel wok is excellent for anyone looking to expand an existing collection of stainless cookware. This wok comes with a lid to extend cooking potential and minimize splatter messes. This product is dishwasher safe and oven safe up to 500° Fahrenheit.
Customers love how pure this product is to care for. Also, the overwhelmingly positive reviews of this pan are encouraging. Plus, this pan is backed by a lifetime warranty in case anything should go wrong or be defective. Unlike carbon steel or cast iron woks, this pan does not have to be seasoned regularly.
While most reviews of this pan are excellent, some users find it difficult to use. Many people complain that you must use a lot of oil when cooking in this pan and that it stains easily. Still, it has a simple design that makes it timeless and useful. We give it 4.5 stars.
While these pans didn’t entirely cut our top ten list, they are still excellent options. Be sure to check these pans out if none of the pots above piqued your interest. Like the woks above, these pans are durable and feature good customer reviews.
- 14-inch stir-fry pan made of stainless steel with encapsulated aluminum core;Stay-cool riveted handle and opposite...
- Kindly refer to User Manual Page No 2 for the troubleshooting steps.
- See-through glass cover with loop handle and stainless-steel rim.
Cuisinart is a reliable brand, and this classic stainless steel pan will look great in any kitchen. Customers love that this pan is dishwasher and oven safe. However, some customers note that this pan stains easily. All in all, we give it 4.3 stars.
- Triple-layer nonstick coating is easy to clean and safe for metal utensils
- Heavy-gauge aluminum for quick, even heat distribution
- riveted stainless steel handles go from stovetop to oven, hard anodized aluminum is safe to 450°F
Emeril Lagasse is well-known in the food world for bringing pizazz to the table with every meal. This hard anodized wok is an excellent option for those looking for a nonstick alternative. Unfortunately, this pan is a bit on the small side. We give it 4.3 stars.
- Efficient, Even Heating – This innovative forged aluminum offers a lighter, more precision design for faster, more...
- Superior Non-Stick Coating – A blend of titanium particles and non-stick silicone makes this Teflon pan more durable...
- Scratch-Resistant Surface – The 3-layer, food-grade safe “QuanTanium” makes our cookware scratch-resistant and...
Many customers love this unique wok that features QuanTanium nonstick technology. However, the sides of this wok are relatively low, and at 11-inches in diameter, this pan is small. This wok wouldn’t be our first choice, but it will work in a pinch. We give it 4.3 stars because so many customers love it.
When shopping for any new kitchen tool, it’s important to understand what you are looking for. Woks are made in many different materials, and there are a few different styles to choose from. Here are a few tips for buying the best wok for your kitchen.
- Look for one with a flat bottom.
- Get a lid with your wok.
- Avoid woks made with nonstick coatings.
- For the best stir-fry experience, go with a carbon steel wok.
While carbon steel is the gold standard for woks, cast iron woks also work well. Unlike some other kitchen tools, when it comes to woks, more expensive models are not always better.
Look for a pan that is the right size, simple in design, and made of high-quality materials. If you prefer an easy clean up every time, opt for a non-stick model. And if your primary concern is aesthetic, consider a beautiful stainless steel model.