Gone are the days when the TV antennas used to come in unsightly designs. With advanced technology and better practices, nowadays Best Outdoor TV Antenna comes in all different unique designs and sizes. If you seek to get rid of the monthly bills of cable or satellite subscription, then installing a best outdoor TV Antenna for enjoying HDTV programming might be an option for you. Many broadcast networks like CBS, ABC, Fox, NBC, etc. provide TV signals free of cost. The only cost needed is for the purchase of an HDTV-compatible antenna.
These over-the-air signals are powerful and provide an uncompressed picture to your television, unlike a cable provider that executes data compression leading to image distortion at some level. An outdoor HDTV antenna is an ideal choice if you are located at a great distance from the broadcast towers or want to strengthen the signal. Different signal zones are color-coded; you need to find out the perfect Outdoor Antenna that fits into your region.
Now you may be asking yourself what the best outdoor HDTV TV antenna is? Read our in-depth reviews to choose the best one for you!
Top 13 Best Outdoor HDTV Antennas:
13. ViewTV Amplified Outdoor HDTV Antenna:
Starting off our list of the best outdoor TV antenna is this product from ViewTV. The ViewTV Amplified Antenna is built to be installed outdoors providing free digital broadcast HDTV signals to your television. You will just need a TV with a digital converter box for receiving these signals. It supports Full HDTV signal formats like 720p, 1080i and 1080p. Inbuilt High Gain Amplifier operates silently and gives about 150 miles of coverage. This long range outdoor TV antenna comes with a control box with dual TV outputs. The coaxial cable provided with this antenna has sufficient length; 12 meters to be exact.
The wireless remote control allows 360 degrees rotation of the antenna with the help of the inbuilt motor. This motor rotates in both directions to avoid any entangling.
VIewTV Outdoor Antenna works best within the VHF 40~300 MHz to UHF 470~890MHz frequency ranges. It is weather-proof as well, to suitably work under any weather conditions. Assembling this antenna is very simple and will just take a few minutes. It can be easily mounted to a pole having about 1” of diameter. It is highly recommended to mount this antenna 30 feet above the ground.
- Low-noise and High Gain Amplifier covers 150 miles of range
- Included with Wireless remote for 360 degrees rotation of Antenna
- Easy to assemble and simple installation
- Supports 720p, 1080i, 1080p signal formats
- Picks up the maximum number of TV channels
- Plastic parts of the antenna might not be durable
- Might not work suitably in rural areas with plenty of trees
12. Amplified Outdoor HDTV Antenna by Tree New Bee:
Tree New Bee introduces this Amplified Outdoor HDTV Antenna featuring inbuilt Low-Noise Amplifier and UHF/VHF/FM Radio reception with 150 miles of coverage for picking up TV channels, free from any satellite or cable payment. This HDTV Yagi antenna has an inbuilt rotor, a Rotor control box and a wireless remote controller for 360 degrees rotation. The provided 40 feet of RG6 coaxial cable is long enough for a stable connection. The antenna can be attached to any pole with a diameter of 1” or 1.125” on the roof or attic.
But then again, the range of this Amplified Outdoor HDTV Antenna may change as per your location settings. The surroundings with huge buildings or mountains might also affect the capability of this antenna to receive signals. It works best within the VHF 40~300MHz and UHF 470~890MHz frequency ranges. This digital best outdoor TV antenna has been integrated with Pure Vertex Technology that can signal from other appliances.
- 150 miles of coverage
- Pure Vertex Technology integrated, signals from other appliances
- Inbuilt Rotor and Wireless Remote controller provided for its 360 degrees rotation
- Inbuilt Low-Noise Amplifier
- Good value for money
- Quick and easy installation
- Rotor might not follow the instructed direction as expected
- No indicator to notify the director of the 360 degrees rotation
11. BoostWaves Outdoor Amplified HDTV Antenna:
BoostWaves Outdoor Amplifier HDTV Antenna has a solid ABS material construction with a water-proof design for a stable connection even in bad weather conditions. The antenna comes with an inbuilt rotor, Rotor Control Box, Dual TV Outputs and Infrared Remote Controller for full 360 degrees rotation of the rotor. It provides high sensitivity HDTV/UHF/ VHF and FM Radio Reception with a range of 125 miles. The BoostWaves Outdoor Amplified HDTV Antenna works best within the frequency ranges of VHF 40~300MHz and UHF 470~860MHz.
The antenna is provided with an Installation Kit for users’ suitability that includes 50 feet of RG6 coaxial cable, 20 cable clips and 20 Cable Safety Ties (Zip Ties). It is effortless to install and requires no assembly. Inbuilt Gain Boost and the Low-Noise Amplifier provide full 1080p HDTV signals with its Supreme Amplification. It has a foldable design for quick and easy portability. It comes with a one year warranty and can be mounted in the attic, roofs, or side of the house.
- Durable ABS material construction and waterproof design
- Inbuilt rotor, rotor control box with Infrared remote controller
- Full 360 degrees rotation of the rotor
- 125 miles of coverage
- 1-year warranty
- Easy and quick to install
- Rotor mechanism might not work well after some period
- Signal strength might seem to be poor
10. Vilso Outdoor Digital HDTV Antenna:
Another candidate for the best outdoor TV antenna, the Vilso Outdoor Antenna provides free digital broadcast HDTV signals with a coverage range of about 150 miles. Made from high-quality material, it provides high reception within the operating frequency range of VHF 40~300MHz and UHF 470~890MHz. It supports most of the HDTV signal formats like 720p, 1080i and 1080p. Included with Wireless remote controller, the inbuilt motor can be controlled by this remote controller to rotate the antenna in 360 degrees. The motor rotates in both the directions to avoid entanglement.
Integrated with low-noise and high Gain Amplifier, the Vilso Digital HDTV Antenna can pick up most of your local news, weather, sports channels, and other programs free of cost; you just need to connect the antenna to your television. A long cable 12 meters in length is provided for easy installation of the antenna over the house for the great reception. The antenna is constructed to be weather-resistant for better durability. The product has been backed with 30 days money-back guarantee for best after-sales support. This digital antenna can be mounted on a pole with 1” of diameter and takes just a few minutes to assemble.
- Supports 720p, 1080i, 1080p signal formats
- Infrared remote control included for 360 rotation of the motor
- Inbuilt high gain Amplifier
- Inbuilt low-noise circuitry
- Easy to install and operate
- Provides 150 miles of coverage
- Plastic parts of the antenna might seem of poor quality
- The connector provided for the pole might not be that durable
9. Winegard FlatWave Air Attic HDTV Antenna:
Designed with a flex mount system, Winegard FlatWave Air Attic HDTV Antenna has a compact, sleek and stylish construction, perfect for enhancing outdoor looks. Integrated with a super low-noise split band digital amplifier, the antenna generates high-quality and clear images than other huge outdoor antennas. It provides excellent reception without any idlers or pixelation.
Winegard FlatWave can be mounted anywhere as per your convenience like the attic, decks, rooftops, or at the side of your home. It takes only a few minutes to install. With reflector incorporated in the antenna, it receives both UHF and VHF signals from a coverage range of about 60+ miles. Designed with Clear Circuit Technology, the FlatWave Air Attic Antenna offers high-quality HDTV signals. The programming allows free over-the-air local channels of news, sports, kids, weather, movies, and other first-rate TV shows as well. It is a fixed-type of antenna backed with a one year manufacturer’s warranty.
- Super low-noise split band amplifier integrated
- Receives UHF/VHF signals from 60 plus miles range
- Clear Circuit Technology delivers high-quality and clear HDTV signals
- 1 year warranty period
- Easy to install and control
- Durable design
- Might not be suitable for picking up low bands VHF channels
- Signals might fade away under bad weather conditions
8. 1byone Amplified Outdoor HDTV Antenna:
With its sleek and stylish looks, the 1byone Amplified HDTV Antenna will certainly beautify any outdoor or indoor space as well as attics. This omni-directional antenna receives signals from all the directions, i.e., has 360 degrees reception. Unlike huge Yagi Antennas, it does not need a remote controller for changing the direction, and the reception is far greater than the other big outdoor antennas. It can receive VHF/UHF/FM Radio signals from 60 miles of coverage range. The best part about this antenna is that it does not require any kind of tools for its installation.
1byone Outdoor HDTV Antenna has an anti-UV coating for better durability and resistance against the sun’s rays. The detachable high gain low-noise amplifier integrated with this antenna provides high-quality and strong signals to your television. 20 feet of coaxial cable included with the product makes the installation much easier. Fully waterproof/snow-proof and compact design of 1byone HDTV Antenna reduces wind load, avoids any sort of interference, and delivers high strength signals even under adverse weather conditions.
- 360 degrees reception due to omni-directional design of the antenna
- Great reception, receives FM radio/VHF/UHF signals from 60 miles of range
- No tools required for assembly, easy to install
- Sleek and stylish design enhances outdoor looks
- Anti-UV coating of antenna protects the surface from harsh sun rays
- Waterproof/snow-proof design delivers high performance even on rainy/snowy days
- Detachable high gain amplifier included
- Highly Priced
- The included amplifier might seem of poor quality
7. High Gain Bowtie Outdoor HDTV Antenna by Antennas Direct:
Classically designed, this reliable Outdoor HDTV Antenna from Antennas Direct has 8 Bowtie arrangements to receive signals from 70+ miles of range. Targeting main DTV frequencies, this antenna receives free over-the-air digital and HD channels without having to pay any subscription fee. It is a perfect option for users living in rural or suburban regions as it can effortlessly operate under afforested surroundings as well. The product comes all-included with durable U-bolts, clamps for mounting and hardware for quick installation.
This High Gain Bowtie HDTV Antenna offers HD programming free of cost from television networks like ABC, NBC, PBS, CBS, FOX, and so on (wherever available). All over-the-air channels are passed-on in an uncompressed 1080i signal format giving crystal clear images and high-quality sound, which is quite impressive as compared to the satellite and cable subscriptions. This Bowtie HDTV Antenna has been backed with a remarkable Lifetime Warranty period on parts, which ensures its high durability and superior quality built.
- 70+ miles of range coverage
- Classic and convenient 8 Bowtie designed antenna
- Latest Antenna Technology- compact design and high performance
- High-quality sound and crystal clear picture provided
- Exceptional Lifetime Warranty on parts
- Easy installation with all the kit included
- Might not be suitable for picking up low frequency band channels
- Might not work suitably under bad weather conditions
6. Antennas Direct ClearStream 4 Outdoor HDTV Antenna with Mount:
Using Patented Technology, this ClearStream 4-Loop Outdoor HDTV Antenna by Antennas Direct receives all UHF signals from 70 miles away from broadcast towers. Its exclusive multi-directional elements provide high-quality reception and stable range, even under areas surrounded by trees. The product comes all-included with the 20” of J-mount structure, Roof Sealant Strips and weather-resistant hardware for reliable functioning. It is an ideal choice for installation in rural or suburban areas.
ClearStream 4-Loop Outdoor HDTV Antenna receives free HD 1080 programming from TV networks such as ABC, PBS, CBS, FOX, etc. (wherever available). The Patented Loop design of this antenna responds to a wide range of frequencies and also has a wide beam angle that does not demand any rotation for better reception. The reflector incorporated here helps to receive enhanced reception and prevents any multipath interference. The ClearStream 4 Outdoor Antenna has been backed with a striking Lifetime Warranty period on parts.
- Unique Quad-Loop design picks up UHF channels from 70 miles of range
- Wide Beam angle of antenna does not need rotation
- Integrated with a reflector to deliver great reception without interference
- Antennas Direct Lifetime Warranty on parts
- J mount and hardware included for easy installation
- Multi-directional elements for superior reception
- Might not operate on stormy or rainy days
- Highly Priced
5. Eagle Aspen 2-Bay UHF Outdoor HDTV Antenna:
Eagle Aspen offers this Outdoor HDTV Antenna with the innovative 2-Bay design. It is DirecTV-approved, has HDTV compatibility and offers both digital and analog reception. It is one of the powerful antennas for users that prefer them over cable subscription. Ideal for use in urban areas, the Eagle Aspen HDTV Antenna has the capability of receiving all UHF channels, 14~69.
Eagle Aspen 2-Bay Antenna is quick and easy to install making it a one-cable solution for receiving superior reception. Deliberately built for outdoors, this HD antenna comes included with an Outdoor Balun to connect the coaxial cable with the antenna. The product has been backed with 90 Days Warranty by Eagle Aspen. The powerful 2 Bowtie designed offers high gain across UHF frequencies and works its best in the regions that demand a low profile HDTV antenna.
- 2 Bowtie design picks up all UHF channels
- HDTV compatible; DirecTV-approved
- Digital as well as analog reception
- Outdoor balun included with the antenna
- Quick and easy to assemble and install
- 90 days warranty period
- Might get rusty after some period of time
- Construction might not be durable
4. 8 Element Bowtie Outdoor HDTV Antenna:
Antennas Direct, yet again, presents this Outdoor HDTV antenna that features the exclusive 8 Element Bowtie design. This powerful design is capable of picking up HDTV signals from 70 miles of coverage range. Users can receive free TV programming from networks such as ABC, PBS, CBS, Fox, etc. in Complete HD 1080 picture. The product comes included with the all-weather hardware for easy mounting. Uniquely designed brackets allow multipurpose arrangement of the two panels of an antenna for better flexibility and superior reception, perfect for areas that have stations in multiple directions.
Antennas Direct 8-Element Bowtie HDTV Antenna has a supreme gain of 17.4dBi, which is quite amazing. It is the best choice for users living in rural areas surrounded by tall trees. Despite its Bowtie design, this antenna is pretty compact in size but high in performance. The reflector ensures to boost up the antenna’s power and prevents any interference as well. This antenna comes with two coaxial cables with 28” length for connecting panels. A remarkable Lifetime Warranty is provided on parts by Antennas Direct.
- 8-Element Bowtie design for picking up TV signals from 70 miles of range
- Flexible brackets design- Receives signals from towers in different directions
- The high gain of 17.4dBi
- Easy to install; compact in size
- Reflector avoids any sort of multipath interference
- Lifetime warranty on parts
- Might not be that great for picking up VHF channels
- Users might need to buy Signal Amplifier for better performance
3. 1byone Outdoor HDTV Antenna with Power Supply Box:
Experience HDTV quality picture and sound with this 1byone Digital Amplified Outdoor HDTV Antenna. All over-the-air broadcasted signals are transmitted to your TV in uncompressed channels of ultra HD (4K), full HD (1080p) and 3D formats. With a gain of 9-13dB, this antenna delivers exceptionally high performance for UHF channels within frequencies 470~862MHz. It is backed with a one year warranty period and 30-days money-back guarantee for best after-sales support.
1byone Antenna allows all local broadcasts from networks such as ABC, CBS, FOX, etc. with HD programming of channels for kids, news, weather, sports, etc. Highly optimized and well-designed to deliver 1080p digital reception, this antenna has a cross-phase design with multiple elements for great performance even under bad weather conditions. Its design takes up only 1 meter of space but has the capability of covering 80 miles of range for picking up channels.
- 80 miles of coverage range
- Offers full HD (1080p), ultra HD (4K) and 3D channels support
- High gain of 9-13 dB, picks up UHF channels (470~862MHz)
- Cross-phase design with multiple-elements withstands bad weather conditions
- 1 year manufacturer’s warranty, 30 days money-back guarantee
- Compact in size and good value for money
- Amplifier provided might seem of poor quality and lack in performance
2. ClearStream 2V Outdoor HDTV Antenna:
For receiving crystal clear VHF/UHF and HDTV signals, this ClearStream Outdoor HDTV Antenna has unique Dual-loop designed structure and is integrated with diplexer for consistency in VHF/UHF reception. Incorporated with patented technology, this antenna has the capability of picking up signals from 60 miles of range. Free channels from networks such as PBS, CBS, ABC, Univision, FOX, NBC, CW, etc. can be received in full HD (1080p) format (wherever available).
Multi-directional elements deliver better UHF/VHF reception, perfect for suburban areas. ClearStream 2V Outdoor HDTV Antenna comes all-included with the 20 inches of J-mount for reliable mounting of an antenna on a vertical or horizontal surface with the help of pivoting foot, all-weather mounting hardware and roof sealant strips for better security of the bracket against the rooftop. A good candidate for the best outdoor TV antenna, this product comes with a lifetime warranty on parts for the best after-sales experience.
- Patented technology, receives signals from 60 miles away from broadcast towers
- Dual-loop design for better reception
- Diplexer for better VHF/UHF consistency
- Lifetime warranty on parts
- J-mount, mounting hardware, roof sealant strips included
- Might lack in performance for VHF channels
- Highly Priced
1. RCA Compact Outdoor Yagi Antenna:
There are many reasons why the RCA is the best outdoor TV antenna.
To begin with, you can enjoy high-quality HDTV with this RCA Outdoor Yagi Antenna that allows you to watch over-the-air TV shows, local channels, and network programs free of cost. Extremely easy-to-install, this antenna comes pre-assembled for hassle-free mounting. The UHF reflector has a fold-out design with easy-lock, and the elements of the antenna have a snap-lock design for quick installation.
This antenna supports 1080i HD broadcasts and delivers high performance to offer you with enhanced quality of sound and uncompressed picture. The construction and materials used for this antenna are of high quality. It meets all the quality and performance standards of the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA).
RCA Outdoor Yagi antenna picks up signals from broadcasts tower that are 60 miles away. Built for high durability, this antenna survives all bad weather conditions without compromising its performance. The product comes all-included with the mast, locking clamp for a mast, mounting hardware, 75-ohm matching transformer to mount anywhere indoor/outdoor, attic, on the wall, etc. The exclusive cross-phase, multiple-element structure of the antenna provides superior reception and maximum channels.
This RCA Antenna can be also be used for streaming players like Apple TV, Xbox, etc. Just pair any device with the RCA and receive live content. This high-quality HD antenna is being sold at an affordable price, making it the best outdoor digital TV antenna on the market today. This product provides the best value for money (outdoor TV antenna best buy). It also comes with a one year warranty.
- Enjoy HD channels and shows from your favorite TV stations for free
- Pre-assembled design; snap-lock elements and easy-lock fold-out reflector
- Supports 1080i HD signal format
- Has a coverage range of 60 miles; VHF/UHF reception
- Unique Cross-phase, multi-element design for superior reception
- 1 year warranty period
- High-quality materials used for construction; CEA-qualified
- Mounting hardware, Mast, Locking clamp included for installing anywhere
- Affordable price
- Matching transformer provided might be of poor quality
- Might not be that suitable for picking up VHF channels
Buying Guide for Outdoor TV Antennas:
Different Types of TV Antenna available:
For a TV antenna to provide you with the best possible reception, you need to know what type of antenna is suitable for your location. Essential factors to consider while choosing an antenna are the distance of broadcasting towers from your location, the direction from which you are receiving signals (one direction or multiple directions) and the surrounding hindrances in the transmission pathway (tall trees or buildings).
What are Long Range Antennas?
Digital signals are broadcasted on a straight path which makes it hard for the TV antennas to deliver superior and stable reception. ‘Gain’ refers to the signal strength that the antenna provides to the TV tuner or control box. It is usually measured in dB (decibels). The higher is this dB rating, the stronger will be the signal strength delivered. Long range antennas generally have a multi-element design, built-in signal amplification, ample height, and weather-proof design to deliver high-quality picture and sound.
Below given are some types of TV Antennas available:
- Single Directional and Omni-directional TV Antennas:
Directional Antennas are built to pick up signals coming from one specific direction. The reception here is usually concentrated and narrow-patterned. Such single directional antennas are usually capable of receiving signals from longer distances. They are also less likely to draw in noise and multipath interference. It is an ideal choice if you live in a region that is surrounded by tall buildings, mountains, trees, etc.
On the other hand, omni-directional TV antennas (multi-directional antenna) can receive TV signals from different directions. They are prone to pull up noise and multipath interference due to its multi-directional signal receiving ability. They will be suitable to install in the areas where there few tall structures like hills, buildings, etc. and they won’t demand frequent changing of their direction.
- VHF and UHF TV Antennas:
The digital TV signals are normally transmitted over VHF (Very High Frequency) and UHF (Ultra High Frequency) frequency ranges. The VHF Band usually covers 2-13 channel range whereas the UHF spectrum covers 14-83 channel range. For receiving local channels below 13, you will have to opt for VHF/UHF Antenna.
Since the VHF frequencies are low, they have a long wavelength. To receive them efficiently, the VHF Antenna is designed to be bigger in size.
- Indoor and Outdoor TV Antennas:
There are many advantages to an outdoor digital TV antenna over an indoor antenna. Outdoor antennas are known to deliver better performance when compared to the indoor ones. Indoor antennas might suffer from poor signal strength and interference due to the house walls and other wireless devices present in that area.
On the flip side, indoor antennas are compactly designed, allowing you to mount them in the vicinity of your TV. Outdoor antennas are bigger and have to be mounted on rooftop, attic or side of the house.
- Amplified and Non-Amplified Antennas:
To boost up signal strength and overcome problems due to short heights of TV antennas, you can integrate it with an amplifier. Many of the outdoor antennas available on the market come with built-in signal amplification for enhanced picture and sound quality.
But using an amplifier might sometimes worsen the condition of poor reception as it may also amplify noise interference. It just converts a weak signal into a strong one; it does not in any way take part in pulling signals towards the antenna.
Amplified antennas are recommended to users living at a distance of 50 miles or plus from the transmission tower.
An amplifier is also required if the cabling between the TV and the antenna is too long.
How to choose Best Outdoor Antenna for HDTV:
If you want to save yourself from the expensive cable subscription and opt for a more affordable way, then an over-the-air antenna will be an ideal choice for you that offers crystal clear HD local channels for free.
What to keep in mind when purchasing an outdoor TV antenna?
Below are some things to consider while buying an Outdoor Antenna:
- Channels available in your region: To install a TV antenna, you should know what types of channels are available in your area. Certain websites like AntennaWeb, TV Fool or AntennasDirect might assist you with this procedure. It will take address input from the users and will provide useful results like the list of channels available in that area, signal strength, UHF channels available, VHF channels available, directions they are coming from, etc.
- A suitable antenna for these channels and your location: If different broadcasts signals are coming from different directions, then you might want to consider buying an omni-directional antenna. They are generally easy to install, you will get several channels from different broadcast towers, and they do not need frequent adjusting.
On the other hand, if you discover that the broadcast channels obtainable to you are originating from a single direction, then the directional antenna will be an excellent purchase. They offer strong signal strength and usually have more coverage range than the omni-directional ones.
- VHF/UHF: Certain antennas are specifically built to pick up UHF channels, some for VHF, whereas others are capable of picking both. But it is not necessary that the UHF/VHF Antenna will be superior in picking up both of them, one might overpower the quality of the other.
- After installation: After setting up the antenna, change the coaxial cable input to ‘Antenna’. Then execute Automatic channel scan. All the available channels will be listed and then you can check the strength or quality of these channels. If the signal strength is not that satisfactory, you can try to improve the quality by:
- Changing the direction or location of the antenna
- Integrate a Signal Amplifier for better reception (if it is not already included)
- Purchase a longer coaxial cable for better connection
How to Install your Outdoor TV Antenna:
- Prep for Installation: After you have received results from AntennaWeb or TV Fool, you will certainly know the list of channels available in your area and what are their compass directions. Using that information, you can get a compass to precisely direct your antenna that way.
- Mounting Hardware: Generally, TV antennas are provided with mounting hardware; you can simply follow the instruction guide to mount it on your rooftop. Use screws to fasten the bracket against the roof, and you can apply roof sealant strips for better security.
- Assembling the Antenna: Some of the TV antennas in the market come pre-assembled whereas some might need assembling of its different parts. The instructions for this assembly are generally provided with the product.
- Mounting Pole: Some manufacturers offer mounting pole along with the antenna. Unfasten the bolts on the sleeve of the bracket, insert the pole onto it. The pole should align with the bottom of this sleeve. Lastly, fasten the bolts again for a secure and stable arrangement.
- Installing Antenna: Unfasten the bolts on the Antenna sleeve. Insert this antenna sleeve onto the mounted pole. Now you can check the direction of the broadcast tower and correspondingly rotate the antenna towards it (Leave the bolts unfastened). Make sure the antenna has the maximum possible clear view of the broadcast tower.
- Coax Connection: Link one end of the coax cable to the antenna and another end to the coax input terminal of your HDTV’s tuner or control box.
- Scan: Switch On the power of your television. Execute an Automatic Channel scan on your TV to check the local channels that are available in your region. You might need a helping hand to adjust the direction of the antenna if you do not receive more channels.
- Final Setup: Once you are satisfied with the number of channels received and position of the antenna, you can now tighten the bolts on the Antenna sleeve. Secure the coaxial cable with the help of U-clamps and other hardware. You need to ground this connection of antenna (using grounding wire, grounding block) for your assured safety.
Benefits of using Outdoor TV Antenna:
- Free Local Channels: If you prefer to cut off cable or satellite subscription and use something more inexpensive then the best outdoor TV antenna will be the choice for you. You can receive local broadcasted channels for free. You might also receive some out-of-town programs.
- HD Programming: Many of the best outdoor TV antennas deliver HD programming from the local TV networks which might be lacking with the cable or satellite connection.
- Saves Money: The off-air digital signals received by broadcasts towers are free. You no longer have to pay cable bills monthly for viewing local channels.
- High-quality Picture: The picture offered by the best outdoor TV Antennas is uncompressed, unlike the cable or satellite connections that provide channels that undergo data compression. Due to this, the quality of the picture is adversely affected. Over-the-air reception delivers the finest quality of HDTV programs.
Useful Tips for Antenna Connection:
- Avoid any wire bends while connecting the coax cable to the tuner
- Try to avoid several splitters between the coax connection of antenna and TV
- Apply silicone grease to the outdoor connections for protection against weather
Final Review of the Best Outdoor TV Antenna
Depending on your type of location and direction of broadcasts towers, you can choose any kind of antenna that meets all your requirements and provides you the much-desired channels (VHF/UHF). Make sure to look for the Amplified TV Antennas, if you are located at 40 miles or more distance from the transmission tower. Also, the essential part of installing the TV antenna on the rooftop is its sealing for better security and weather-proof design. Otherwise, the cheaply priced antennas with no weatherproofing whatsoever might fail just in one single storm or rainy conditions and tend to rust. Make sure to ground the coax cable connection for your utmost safety and prevention against lightning situations.
The RCA Outdoor Yagi Antenna is the best outdoor TV antenna because of its high-quality and durability. The pre-assembled design, fold-out reflector with easy-lock and snap-lock elements of this antenna makes the installation process much more comfortable and quicker. Its 60 miles coverage range, 1 year warranty period, device streaming capabilities, versatile mounting options, and cross-phase multi-element design is what makes it the optimum choice for enjoying your HDTV.
The ClearStream 2V Outdoor HDTV Antenna is also a good candidate for the best outdoor TV antenna. It has a dual-loop design, integrated diplexer, patented technology for receiving signals from 60 miles of distance, full HD 1080p signal format support, multi-element design, J-mount with pivoting foot for mounting the antenna on vertical or horizontal surfaces and a remarkable lifetime warranty period on parts.
Last update on 2021-06-17 at 08:07 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API